New 125G Buildout

AllSignsPointToFish

"No Longer The Guy Without FaceBook"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just getting started on the new 135 gallon buildout. I've just started, so I've just completed the frame for the stand tonight. Still working on plans for lighting and the canopy. tmp_DSC_0154-509256733.JPG

For you nerds out there, I also managed to capture TWO of Schrodinger's cats in a box ;) tmp_DSC_01551679266908.JPG tmp_DSC_0154-509256733.JPG

marciomrqz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually I'm a huge cat fan. I was searching for cat pictures, came across your forum! of course everyone is interested. Love seeing other people's masterpiece. Been collecting parts for my 65 gallon display tank for over a year now. Will be starting it soon. Looking into a diy aquarium controller right now since iv pretty much got everything else needed to build my tank

OP
OP
AllSignsPointToFish

AllSignsPointToFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the kind remarks :)

Here are the doors and pullout panels before priming and painting. I plan a false panel in the middle that I can remove for sump access without a support bar right in the way.
tmp_DSC_0173-1132047043.JPG

OP
OP
AllSignsPointToFish

AllSignsPointToFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where is your sump going? In the middle or on either side

I haven't decided yet. It's a 55 gallon breeder, so I can basically put it wherever I would like. Any suggestions as to why one would position it to the side? I was thinking of putting it in the middle so that I could access it just by pulling out the removable panel.

marciomrqz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't decided yet. It's a 55 gallon breeder, so I can basically put it wherever I would like. Any suggestions as to why one would position it to the side? I was thinking of putting it in the middle so that I could access it just by pulling out the removable panel.
Well if your drain pipe is on the left of the tank, you could put your sump to one side so that it drains directly down into your sump... If you put it in the middle, you'll have bends. If that doesn't bother you, then your all good! [emoji3]

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking good! ;)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back