New 2 Reefing

Welcome to R2R! You picked a fantastic place to start acquiring knowledge of the hobby. There is so much support and knowledge here. Red Sea is a great plug in play system, used to have a 250 myself. I’m not sure is Waterbox is available to ship over there, but they also make an amazing system.
 
Hey. Welcome.
42882789-7D09-4D23-AF3A-EEFAF6DA506A.gif
 
Welcome aboard
Hello all,

I have been deliberating for at least 12 months about coming on board with this hobby. Keeping a marine tank has always been on my bucket list having owned a few tropical tanks in the past. I now have a perfect location in my kitchen for a Red Sea Reefer tank, I know there is other brands available but RSR having done a lot of research seems to be the most popular choice for many reefers. As said I have done a lot of research over the last 12 months , watching YouTube videos and I think I have a very basic understanding of how to set up and maintain a reef tank. However I have a lot of anxiety as it is a very expensive hobby to make a complete balls of it , hence joining this forum group. I am going to spend a few weeks now reading up on different RSR builds / set ups to further develop my understanding of the hobby , prior to investing in my first salt water tank !

The tank I have on my mind is the 425XL .

As you can probably guess by my name, I am from N. Wales and there are 0 LFS in my area, I think the closest one to me is in Stockport , Manchester so if you can all help me as much as you can, I would be very appreciative!

Thank you
Welcome aboard
 
You use You Tube?? WE USE REEF2REEF !!!

welcome7.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new