New 220 tank build and thread

lax5710

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
10
Reaction score
19
Location
tucson
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am starting with a used 220 gallon tank and stand. The sump will be custom made from a 75 gallon. The tank will have 3 drains and 2 returns.

Equipment list so far.

L1 and M1 return pumps
Neptune Apex pro
extra Neptune flow sensor
5 foot hybrid t5 light
2 radio xr15 gen 4
55 watt UV
2 MP40
one fleece roller
Nyos Torq G2 2.0
10 gallon ato

Will take advise on any equipment still to buy besides more lights I know that one. my largest tank before this was a 55 gallon so this is a big jump and any advise is greatly appreciated.
 
welcome33.gif
 
I am starting with a used 220 gallon tank and stand. The sump will be custom made from a 75 gallon. The tank will have 3 drains and 2 returns.

Equipment list so far.

L1 and M1 return pumps
Neptune Apex pro
extra Neptune flow sensor
5 foot hybrid t5 light
2 radio xr15 gen 4
55 watt UV
2 MP40
one fleece roller
Nyos Torq G2 2.0
10 gallon ato

Will take advise on any equipment still to buy besides more lights I know that one. my largest tank before this was a 55 gallon so this is a big jump and any advise is greatly appreciated.
Equipment list looks good. You will know what to add as time goes along.
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!
3CC1A1C1-5A9A-47E6-8B55-77F0141093C2.gif
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
I am starting with a used 220 gallon tank and stand. The sump will be custom made from a 75 gallon. The tank will have 3 drains and 2 returns.

Equipment list so far.

L1 and M1 return pumps
Neptune Apex pro
extra Neptune flow sensor
5 foot hybrid t5 light
2 radio xr15 gen 4
55 watt UV
2 MP40
one fleece roller
Nyos Torq G2 2.0
10 gallon ato

Will take advise on any equipment still to buy besides more lights I know that one. my largest tank before this was a 55 gallon so this is a big jump and any advise is greatly appreciated.

Welcome! Glad you joined. Sounds like you are off to a great start! 'Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can' - Arthur Ashe, tennis player

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). Essentially you might even start with what you wrote above, just copy and paste it into new thread (but up to you).

This might help you find people local to you in Tucson:
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/local-reef-club-discussion.516/
This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new