OP
Sdot

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of more shots...not sure why some of the other pix look washed out...

1614114256554.png

1614114374591.png

1614114458168.png

lilithereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow a honda civic, i have a 55 and it was only 2,000 a stinkin 21 k though for a fish tank is nuts. cool interior under the tank though i love how most of it is netune and it all matches. also the space you must have to have that tank is huge, see i live in ny and there is no way i could fit that in my duplex apartment. also i hope your tank is doing all right, that weather hit you guys out there hard. i heard that they are raising funds for people that had their tanks wiped out by the weather. but you wont be needing any funds as i can tell lol.

OP
OP
Sdot

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow a honda civic, i have a 55 and it was only 2,000 a stinkin 21 k though for a fish tank is nuts. cool interior under the tank though i love how most of it is netune and it all matches. also the space you must have to have that tank is huge, see i live in ny and there is no way i could fit that in my duplex apartment. also i hope your tank is doing all right, that weather hit you guys out there hard. i heard that they are raising funds for people that had their tanks wiped out by the weather. but you wont be needing any funds as i can tell lol.
I can tell you its not a cheap hobby thats for sure. I could have surely done it cheaper but i went the custom route so i didnt have to make many compromises as far as upkeep and maintenance. For me... thats a great thing... because if its hard i wont do it!! Based on what you spent on your 55 applied to my 305 you are at 10k....lol it adds up quick.

As far as weather... i was smart enough and in the fortunate position to have had a 22kW Generator installed on my home OCT of 2020. My tank and I were good, which is a total blessing because so many were not....

1614130599744.png

Last edited:

TexAgReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can tell you its not a cheap hobby thats for sure. I could have surely done it cheaper but i went the custom route so i didnt have to make many compromises as far as upkeep and maintenance. For me... thats a great thing... because if its hard i wont do it!! Based on what you spent on your 55 applied to my 305 you are at 10k....lol it adds up quick.

As far as weather... i was smart enough and in the fortunate position to have had a 22kW Generator installed on my home OCT of 2020. My tank and I were good, which is a total blessing because so many were not....

1614130599744.png
What is the fuel source for your generator? How often do you have to refill when it’s running consistently?

OP
OP
Sdot

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the fuel source for your generator? How often do you have to refill when it’s running consistently?
Hey bud, fuel source is natural gas from the local utility (They tapped my gasline that powers my appliances)....so no refills. During this past winter storm it ran for 39 hours.

OP
OP
Sdot

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im hoping i can get some help from all of you that are good at identifying coral. I bought this piece as a frag in 2018 as an experiment to determine if my tank at the time was ready for sps. It was small, cheap, very brown and stayed brown under the radions. It didnt die but it didn't really grow, nevertheless I decided to keep it. In my current build, things have changed drastically... forgive my horrible picture taking(Its so much better to the naked eye). This coral is growing and is now developing a light pink color (Skin and polyps) with blue coralites. Its very striking, and i know its not done yet. Can you guys help me identify it?

Thanks for your help

1614196034695.png

1614196069278.png

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im hoping i can get some help from all of you that are good at identifying coral. I bought this piece as a frag in 2018 as an experiment to determine if my tank at the time was ready for sps. It was small, cheap, very brown and stayed brown under the radions. It didnt die but it didn't really grow, nevertheless I decided to keep it. In my current build, things have changed drastically... forgive my horrible picture taking(Its so much better to the naked eye). This coral is growing and is now developing a light pink color (Skin and polyps) with blue coralites. Its very striking, and i know its not done yet. Can you guys help me identify it?

Thanks for your help

1614196034695.png

1614196069278.png
some sort of tenuis? that is as far as i go with IDs haha

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of more shots...not sure why some of the other pix look washed out...

1614114256554.png

1614114374591.png

1614114458168.png
Nicely done and looking good!
Looks like your system is primed for some growth.
I have the same issue with pics sometimes.
If you click on the pic the resolution is much better.
Looking forward to watching this one grow out.

OP
OP
Sdot

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks bud! Its happening. Ill be posting some pix today. I recommend folks to take pix for that purpose. Its hard for us to notice these things, since we mostly look at our tanks daily.

OP
OP
Sdot

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the delay.... i had a bit of a tank emergency that took me a couple of days to resolve..... made a few changes to my aquascape. My bubbletips killed my montipora...so i took it out and replaced it with some milli colonies.... the green one is really striking.... its skin is emerald green with light green polyps, and the coralites are yellow... kind of trippy.

The pictures don't do it any justice I'm hoping the color intensifies

1615259189791.png

This pic was taken today 03/2021
1615259297838.png

(I had to back away a bit to get some of the pieces in the shot)

Now for the growth...ill focus on the middle section of the tank: Other than the coral with the red x (no longer with us :mad:)..a few things are apparent: The corals are growing and the colors are intensifying. The above picture was today....now compare to 11/2020 below

1615259767993.png

lastly ill end with a video or two:

Last edited:

AJsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful build

How long did it take your nutrient labels to stabilize with dosing? Currently trying to nail mine down. Nitrate seems much more predictable than Phosphate...

OP
OP
Sdot

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful build

How long did it take your nutrient labels to stabilize with dosing? Currently trying to nail mine down. Nitrate seems much more predictable than Phosphate..
It didnt take long at all. Just remember to keep testing. I think i tested every other day for a few weeks.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back