OP
OP
Razorp

Razorp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just some update photos on the office tank!

I removed some cheato from my packed refugium and had a big algae outbreak. Don't know if that is normal, but its finally filling in again and algae is subsiding slowly. I also have been using my new rodi unit for about 3 weeks now, so water quality should be better as well. Time will tell, I'm not going to dose any medicines in this tank, so ill just battle at keeping my water the best i can and hope everything else sorts itself out.

I have had melting lps and sps in this tank over the past two months as well with really no sign of why. Ive lost several hundred dollars worth of coral. All tested parameters remain in check other than a salinity issue about 4 or 5 weeks ago which was solved after a few short days.

The anemones continue to look stunning other than my csb and I believe warfare from the other nems is to blame, i continue waiting for him to release or at least move out of his crevice so i can put him in his own tank to heal. No luck with that yet.

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail (2).jpg

thumbnail (3).jpg

thumbnail (4).jpg
thumbnail (5).jpg

OP
OP
Razorp

Razorp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the nems.
Thank yuh sir! This tank was originally meant to be a nem only tank. It appears that's its destiny since my lps and sps tend to do well then start melting for no reason lol. Its been a fun learning experience for sure! The build I'm working on now is going to be super fun.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back