New 4 inch Clam

Gig-Island

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 21, 2018
Messages
114
Reaction score
110
Location
South Carolina
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you guys help me? What do I have? Care tips?

Paid 70 dollars for this 4 inch clam at LFS. Store owner said he had it for 2 months.

Thanks!
9C3B64EA-2809-494E-A8F9-243CFB12BFB6.jpeg
61BC41BA-D710-4500-A0B7-9ED2950C4B1E.jpeg
 
good luck. I hope to be able to keep those someday.
 
Simple rules:

Salinity not to exceed 1.025
Temperature not to exceed 80
Alk not to exceed 9
Ca not to exceed 450
Ph not to exceed 8.2
Feed phytoplankton daily
Good lighting and moderate water flow

Inspect daily for presence of pyramid snails which will kill the clam

pyramid:
1608433858466.jpeg
 
My first guess was crocea. Need a clear picture of scutes and shell. Nice deal no matter the clam. Croceas can be on the sandbed, but I would keep it on a bit of acrylic for a while to easily check for pyramid snails. You will want to do this on a regular basis.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new