New 40g peninsula build

Kammetal

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 16, 2017
Messages
429
Reaction score
174
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got the idea to do a 40g peninsula
I plan on using a 20g long sump or a 29g.
I started with the stand this weekend any tips on the stand are appreciated!
d87f62b0b9a9cc93cd4eac5e5c616a27.jpg

Added some more bracing and a plywood top
ec19980f33d0dd13f22a1416397b1047.jpg
 
if you want, you can make that stand much less bulky. doesn't really matter now.

I have built my frame for my 40 breeder stand out of 2x2's that are glued and pocket screwed together.
 
if you want, you can make that stand much less bulky. doesn't really matter now.

I have built my frame for my 40 breeder stand out of 2x2's that are glued and pocket screwed together.

Ya I over build stands it a personal peice of mind. Do you think I need a brace or will it be ok?
82776a2b7fe26a7673f02f7e93f826e5.jpg
 
Looking good, Ive got to build a stand for my 25 this weekend, I'll be going overboard as well ;)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new