New 65 gallon reef

mattshell81

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 30, 2020
Messages
118
Reaction score
71
Location
Northern Cambria
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. I wanted to start a build thread to show the progression of my 65g reef I just started up. It was an upgrade from my 14 gallon biocube i habe been running for the last 3 years and that tank was an upgrade from a 55 which was an upgrafe from my very first 40 gallon reef tank I started 8 years ago.

This tank is a first for me in a lot of ways because it's the first time I had full freedom picking a tank and parts since im out of school now, living in my own house and have more money to put into a tank.

Here's a picture for now. I'll be sure to get back on later with a detailed list about the startup and all the equipment.

20200716_135915.jpg
 
I never really posted an update here so I figured I would make an update finally. The tank did good its first year had some clownfish babies and then when my 6 month old clowns I raised died I kind of fell out of the hobby for a bit and didn't keep up with the tank. These past few months the tank has really bounced back and I have even started to add some sps.
 

Attachments

  • 20211128_181052.jpg
    20211128_181052.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 81
Some different spots around the tank with the flow off for feeding.
 

Attachments

  • 20211130_175222.jpg
    20211130_175222.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 20211130_175219.jpg
    20211130_175219.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 76
  • 20211130_175155.jpg
    20211130_175155.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 87
  • 20211130_175200.jpg
    20211130_175200.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 20211130_175147.jpg
    20211130_175147.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 74
  • 20211130_175136.jpg
    20211130_175136.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 20211130_175125.jpg
    20211130_175125.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 20211130_175129.jpg
    20211130_175129.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 75
  • 20211130_175034.jpg
    20211130_175034.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 61
  • 20211130_175025.jpg
    20211130_175025.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 84

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new