New Addition to the Tank!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bryan47
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bryan47

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2014
Messages
659
Reaction score
24
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been wanting a tang now for a while and couldn't decide between powder blue and a blue hippo. So I decided whichever I came upon first I would buy. Yesterday at Critter Hut in Naragansett I found a tiny blue hippo (oxymoron?)



Anything that goes near the anemone gets attacked by the two clowns. The tang wouldn't go away from the anemone and I was so worried there would be fighting. Go figure just like Finding Nemo the three are inseparable. Anyone ever have this happen? A third member to your clown pair?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422923612.180109.jpg
 
Yes two Ocellaris and one blue hippo. When I get home I'll post a photo
 
That's awesome! I wasn't even going for the finding Nemo thing if I found a powder blue first that would have been the tang. I know my 72 is a little undersized for him but I'm hoping to buy a house in the next couple years and do a big build.

I couldn't be happier to see them getting along. I have a separate tank for fish who do not play nice. And I will try to rehome them. My biggest concern is that all inhabitants live peacefully.

I would love to see a picture !
 
Like you my tank is only 70ltrs and i also know it's to small but I'm getting a 400ltr by November
 
It's not small will take a while to out grow that tank nice pairs that's to funny but little weird it happened twice
 
When I first got my blue hippo he was also hanging out with the clowns but after a few months was swimming on his own
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new