New Aeraqua Duo: is this normal?

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, just bought a new Aeraqua duo skimmer and when I close the gate valve this is what happens. Is it normal?

Attachments

• IMG_1041.MOV
    31 MB
OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to add the video from my iPhone but it always ends up as a broken video.... any ideas?

Tagareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just tried that on mine and that is normal...but you would never run it with the internal water level at that height. I'm running with the pump @ Level 8 with the gate fully open. This adjustment is highly dependent on how you have the pump intakes adjusted. Currently it's at one side fully open the other open 50% with the sump water level at the recommended height.

Tagareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...and if you're doing this for break-in purposes, this skimmer doesn't need it! It produced a nice stiff foam head within minutes straight out of the box.

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...and if you're doing this for break-in purposes, this skimmer doesn't need it! It produced a nice stiff foam head within minutes straight out of the box.
Yes, I was breaking it in . It is going into my 200g reef with about 22 fish in and feeding 2x pellets and 3 to 4 frozen cubes per day, plus nori and Easy Reefs Mastik on weekends.

My main concern now is that double airline...I want to hook it to my CO2 scrubber but for that I need to find a way to detach the airtubes, combine them into a solo and than connect to the scrubber and use a solenoid to have it using scrubbed air only at noght when the Co2 in my living room goes above 1000 ppm dropping the pH in my tank

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now with youtube link

Hi, thanks for your support. This is normal, as the water level in the chamber room is too high, while at the same time you almost closed the water outlet gate, so the water has nowhere to go, instead spill from the place above the water level adjustment dial. Please turn up the water outlet gate a little, so that it can lower the water level in the chamber.

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, thanks for your support. This is normal, as the water level in the chamber room is too high, while at the same time you almost closed the water outlet gate, so the water has nowhere to go, instead spill from the place above the water level adjustment dial. Please turn up the water outlet gate a little, so that it can lower the water level in the chamber.
Many thanks for the reply. Regarding the air tubes, I would like to connect the air intake to my CO2 scrubber. Is it possible to detach the tubes from the body?

Also, PLEASE make an automatic neck cleaner and put me down for one

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many thanks for the reply. Regarding the air tubes, I would like to connect the air intake to my CO2 scrubber. Is it possible to detach the tubes from the body?

Also, PLEASE make an automatic neck cleaner and put me down for one
Hi, thanks for your support, it is possible to detach the tubes from the body as is shown on below post:
Maxspect.png

Regarding the automatic neck cleaner, sorry that we don't have any schedule for it in the present.

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Hi, i was wondering if its normal during the break in period for the skimmer collection cup to be dripping from the seal area? I am getting drips on both sides right where the locking rings are when the cup is locked.

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, i was wondering if its normal during the break in period for the skimmer collection cup to be dripping from the seal area? I am getting drips on both sides right where the locking rings are when the cup is locked.
Hi do you mean there's water dripping from the part above the dial, right? Or could you send a small video to [email protected] We will check where the water is dripping.

Viva'sReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi do you mean there's water dripping from the part above the dial, right? Or could you send a small video to [email protected] We will check where the water is dripping.
No, not from the dial. ill take some video tonight because I can't really explain but if I were to try again, its where the Collection cup meets the base, on the locking ring where the 2 clips you slide around to lock the cup. This is not my photo but i circled where its dripping from

Inkedaeraqua-duo-maxspect-skimmer_LI.jpg

csmaxspect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, not from the dial. ill take some video tonight because I can't really explain but if I were to try again, its where the Collection cup meets the base, on the locking ring where the 2 clips you slide around to lock the cup. This is not my photo but i circled where its dripping from

Inkedaeraqua-duo-maxspect-skimmer_LI.jpg
Hi, noted and thanks, we will have a check after receiving your small video

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 25 80.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.5%
Back