New Ai light. Ugh

WhoKnew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been a reefer for about 20 years. I just purchased an AI and having difficulty with the setting. While presets are okay for this light it is not showcasing my tank. I recently moved and sold my 225g now that I am renting I only have the larger biocube. My corals are doing really well. Just can’t get the optimal setting in this signature light. Any suggestions

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been a reefer for about 20 years. I just purchased an AI and having difficulty with the setting. While presets are okay for this light it is not showcasing my tank. I recently moved and sold my 225g now that I am renting I only have the larger biocube. My corals are doing really well. Just can’t get the optimal setting in this signature light. Any suggestions
I guess it would be easier to know what your goals were. I assume you are using the app. If you go to the web site, you can look at the signature series pre sets. I, like many use the David Saxby settings, but I slightly modify them to suit my needs. Making your own settings from scratch can be a task with the app. It is easier to modify someone’s else’s to suit your needs.

mav3rick478

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup I modified Saxby, no red or green, less peeks and valleys and less white.

exnisstech

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what you want to achieve but this is my setting on a hydra 26. The lights do cycle when you make changes, that is normal. I assume your using the app?

Screenshot_20220905-111633_myAI.jpg

mav3rick478

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you modify. I tried and the lights flickered with every change. Could you send me a picture of your modification
Yes, they will change instantly as you move the sliders. Here's my modified Saxby.
Screenshot_20220905-081906.png

mav3rick478

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's ok once you've used it a few times and find a schedule you like as a starting point. In all honesty I've only changed my settings a few times and now basically don't even touch them. Growth is ok, I'm LPS dominate so you know they take a while to get going but there is growth. I'm running two 26hd over a 75 gallon tank. Going to buy a Quanta Meso Blue bar to supplement the lower blue and violet range that my lights lack.

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We forgot to tell him about the "two fingers" If you have a Pre-Set loaded ie: bixby or BRS, if you look at the screen with the daily graph, not the individual sliders screen. you can move things around with two fingers. don't forget to hit "save as' after. There are some decent tutorials on youtube that can help. IT IS an PIA but after you spend an hour pulling your hair out... your done, never have to touch it again... until someone asks you how you did it... then you forget...

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 76 51.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 76 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 24.8%
  • None.

Votes: 33 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.0%
Back