New Aiptasia Predator!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zach92
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Zach92

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 27, 2025
Messages
22
Reaction score
5
Location
19462
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've noticed the past 2 nights, during flashlighting in my tank to check for berghia activity. That what I thought was the chalice pooping since I like to feed it a lot (It has white globs that disappear by the time I check the tank with lights on) are probably Mesenterial filaments for attacking nearby corals. However, this morning before the lights are on, I noticed something blowing back and forth in the current attached to a sweeper tentacle with a bit of the white glob from where the tentacle came out from! Its a dead aiptasia! You can see the really dark glob of a shriveled up aiptasia there. It looks like how they look when you stab them or feed them something nasty lol

Screenshot 2025-06-05 6.16.41 AM.png
 
This has me nervous for my prized bubble tips if you notice the placement in my PFP between the two. However the current blows the sweepers to the right, not really to the back towards the rbtas.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new