New algae control product on the market....Vibrant

jhoop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered the vibrant about two weeks ago. I have two 20 gallon tanks. Both have thick hair algae on the rocks. Every week I would pull as much as I could get out. It would just grow back. Treated one of the tanks two weeks ago to start. I can say the algae is starting to thin out. Looking like it is matting. Two treatments.

To me it looks like it might be working. Its getting thin now. Black outs never helped, I did not want to blast the rocks, to many creatures living there.
The little bit of coral I have do not seem to be affected, pods, serpent stars all look happy.

I will keep you up to date.................to me it looks like it is working !

johnyboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you have dinoflagellates. It's not good. That product wouldn't clear up this problem. Does it cover the rocks and have a lot of bubbles underneath it? If it is then you have to stop dosing that stuff and do something completely different to rid of it. Try and take a picture of it. And Dino is toxic and very aggressive growing so you have to take care of it quick. Take a pic for me !

sundog101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't say it's complete snake oil. There's a big thread going on about it. Basically it's a combination of bacteria that specifically target algae and bacteria that are, I'm assuming, something similar to dr tims waste away. That's the claim anyway. I've been using it for about 3 weeks now and have seen some positive results. Now I don't think it's a fix all solution but is worth a try if the algae/Dino/cyano isn't responding to other treatments.

Dancingmad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we will be disclosing that info when our patent clears

That is a totally legit reason for not releasing the contents/proportions of this cocktail. It may not be that the additive itself is unique, but perhaps the proportions. From a business standpoint they need to protect their discovery/investments, and I'm sure they'll be exceptionally grateful for any early adopters that use their product. Bad example(Trade secrets are different than patents), but the Colonel's original recipe probably contains a lot of household spices, but getting them in the right proportions for the desired results is key! (PS - Rumor is nowadays one of the secret ingredients to the colonel's recipe is white pepper. Great spice! Highly recommend trying some white pepper if you can get it! Source: http://www.businessinsider.com/kfc-secret-ingredient-is-white-pepper-2016-8). Suddenly I could go for some chicken and sorry for rambling/getting off topic...

I'll be following these threads to see what folk's are seeing in their tanks! I hope it produces all the positive promised results without anything negative!

jhoop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First two Pictures 2615, 2617 are of the tank that is not treated.
Third Picture 2618 is treated. 2 X.

looks like its dying.

Vibrant only cost me about $ 32.00 shipped. I think pretty cheap for this hobby.
DSC02615.JPG
DSC02617.JPG
DSC02618.JPG

JohnnyTabasco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I avoid any kind of magic products... Either tell me exactly what I'm buying or show me rock solid proof that it works.

JohnnyTabasco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you think some bottle filled with holy water, will fix your messed up water quality - then your wrong...
It might remove the algae for now, but it will come back and you will have spend yet another $32 on nothing.
Save the money and buy quality filtration.

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With all that proof, they don't need to disclose what's in the bottle.

There's a 64 page thread with all kinds of proof and they also have disclosed whats in it.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With all that proof, they don't need to disclose what's in the bottle.
Eh I dunno man. Fwe chemiclean peroxide all have possible reactions and there's some stuff ya wanna get ready if your gonna use it. Snail death is not uncommon in a few threads. What's up with that.
Some want to know some don't.

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like most other issues - user error. :D

Eh I dunno man. Fwe chemiclean peroxide all have possible reactions and there's some stuff ya wanna get ready if your gonna use it. Snail death is not uncommon in a few threads. What's up with that.
Some want to know some don't.

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using it for just over a month with good results against bryopsis. no invert / livestock issues. it's cut down on film algae on the glass as well. I'm a skeptic about everything, but this is actually working for me.

elev8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you think some bottle filled with holy water, will fix your messed up water quality - then your wrong...
It might remove the algae for now, but it will come back and you will have spend yet another $32 on nothing.
Save the money and buy quality filtration.

It's "you're".... btw
And you have the choice not to buy this product....
But I'm telling ya, it works!
I don't know their proprietary formula,
but it works!

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using it for just over a month with good results against bryopsis. no invert / livestock issues. it's cut down on film algae on the glass as well. I'm a skeptic about everything, but this is actually working for me.
I'm down with it. I like to know stuff.
It was a trip thread though. Guys says he follwedbthe directions and his snails are now all dead but the algae didn't die.
The VIbrant guy says double the dose.
Guy says ok.
:confused:

marinworld

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received two bottles. I'm going to start treatment tomorrow. Not a real terrible algae problem, however want to see for myself. Read the extensive thread on this product, and the one thing that concerned me was the one regarding placing your hands in the aquarium after using this product, and the potential for infection.

Any medical people out there have any idea regarding this matter.

Regards,
MARINE WORLD

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm doing the recommended amount 2x per week.

I'm down with it. I like to know stuff.
It was a trip thread though. Guys says he follwedbthe directions and his snails are now all dead but the algae didn't die.
The VIbrant guy says double the dose.
Guy says ok.
:confused:

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't see this posted. I haven't had any issues, and I always have cuts and scratches from working in my shop.

Just received two bottles. I'm going to start treatment tomorrow. Not a real terrible algae problem, however want to see for myself. Read the extensive thread on this product, and the one thing that concerned me was the one regarding placing your hands in the aquarium after using this product, and the potential for infection.

Any medical people out there have any idea regarding this matter.

Regards,
MARINE WORLD

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 41.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back