New Alveopora issues

NuckChorris

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 3, 2021
Messages
68
Reaction score
27
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Mississippi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got this new Alveopora a couple weeks ago and it has never extended. It will show polyps sometimes, but even then they’re barely showing. I’ve moved it a couple times to see if that helped but nothing. I thought it was maybe the lights and put it in partial shade now.

Likewise, I have another Alveopora that I’ve had a couple years that is super extended all the time.
20260919_190037_A95B72DA-A903-4FC2-9B3D-F40483769FC7.png


20260919_190038_213A17C9-0519-4898-AB70-342CDD8BF050.png
 
My alveo gets medium lighting and flow. Corals can take weeks to react, so moving it a couple of times in a coupe of weeks may be too fast, I like to give at least a month or two before moving again. I would place it somewhere similar to your other one and give it time. Just my opinion. Good luck.
 
My alveo gets medium lighting and flow. Corals can take weeks to react, so moving it a couple of times in a coupe of weeks may be too fast, I like to give at least a month or two before moving again. I would place it somewhere similar to your other one and give it time. Just my opinion. Good luck.
Yeah I had it right in front of the other one for a week. I debated on dipping in coral RX to see if it would extend after that
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new