New and Old member check in.

  • Thread starter Thread starter ficklefins
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Hello everyone. My name is Jesse. Im 28 years old. Ive had a reef tank for alittle over 1 year now. I got into fishkeeping when I was younger. I mostly kept South/Central American cichlids. After spending 5 years in the Marine Corps I decided to get back into the hobby, so I setup a reeftank. Been addicted ever since.
 
Just thought I would say hello to all.I love the site, zoas are my favorite coral. I am also the owner of maggiesaquariumsupply.com well Maggie is my wife so I guess she ownes it and lets me play with all of the cool corals.I have a 190 gallon zoa prop system that has been set up for a few years now and is getting bigger every day. Anyway hope to get to know you.

Randy
 
Welcome to Club-zoa Jesse and Randy! Hope to see you both post pics of some of your zoas soon :)
 
Aww, that's terrible, Surfn! Just tell him, NO Zoas For Ju! One Year! No, the REST OF YOUR LIFE! LOL

Hi, my name is Laurie, and I am a very addicted little reefer. I have more education than I have common sense, so I turn to my tank for love. LOL I've been keeping saltie tanks since 1993 when I was unfortunate enough to get sucked into it by a boyfriend that had like 4 tanks in his apartment. (His tanks were the only reason I hung out there, actually, they were so cool).

I have a 55 long fish only predator tank, and a 56 column reef. My aim in life is to cover certain parts of my tank with zoas like Kevin Uy's pump in his RC TOTM. I am currently trying to buy a modified nano for my desk when my hubby isn't looking so I can look at the cool ones when working.


One day, Pinky, my tank shall rule the world!

:D
Laurie
 
Hi everyone,

My name is Ronnie and I have been into zoo's since I saw all of the awesome colors at Tropicorium. I have a 29 gallon fish only and a 24 nano reef with seahorses. I am just starting to get rarer and nicer looking zoanthids.

P.S. I live in Michigan.
 
Hey all,

New to this site, but glad I found it. My name is Angie and I'm near Kansas City, MO. I really love zoas and ricordea and have since I first started researching for my first tank. I've had my tank set up for a little over 2 years now and have been trying to collect more and more zoas along with a few other corals. My current setup is a 37g mixed reef looking towards it being zoa and ricordea dominated with my favorite Fiji yellow leather and a few SPS.

Can't wait until I have some trading material!!!

Glad to be here,
Angie
 
Welcome folks!

Marooneytunes - Do you have pics? I love seahorses......I'm so afraid I'd kill them though. I really love the macroalgaes that are often kept for them to hang onto. Do they seem to have little personalities, like come to you for food and stuff?

Angie - Greetings!! You tank sounds lovely, I love any combo with zoas and shrooms. So much colors! Pics?
 
Hello, my name is Kellen, Im 23 and live in Englewood, CO. Ive been reefin' for about 2 years and have a 125g mainly zoo tank. My zoo addiction started about 8 months ago and I havent looked back. I look forward to talking and hopefully trading with all of you. :D Thanks!!
 
Hello all, I'm Chris. I'm 21 and live in Indianapolis where I attend an art school for painting and work at an LFS. I've been into the saltwater hobby for almost 2 years now and keep mostly zoas. I did have a 29 and a 2.5 pico, but recently upgraded to a 40br, which I like much more. I have somewhere between 30-40 zoanthid color morphs as well as some ricordia, frogspawn, fungia, meandrites, pocillopora, monti digi, encrusting gorgonian, and a couple unidentified LPS.
 
What's up guys/gals-

My names is Bob from Virginia, I have 75g mixed reef with 5 t5's on it. The tank has been setup for over 3 years now. I also have 29 gallon seahorse tank, who just had babies last week. I am a very active wamas member, spend most of my time on that board. I troll RC and nano-reef. Not a heavy poster on either of them.

I have lots of zoos, i recently posted some on rc in the zoa forum. Hope to trade some zoa soon.
 
Hello, My name is Frank, I'm 20, and I live in Miami, Florida. I'm a full time student at Florida International University. I only have a 20 gal reef tank at the moment but I've managed to suck my Father into the hobby and we're building a 90 gal reef. I, too, enjoy Zoa's although i'm not sure if they're my favorite corals they're definately up there. I aslo play collegiate baseball. I played my freshman year at Nyack College and made first team for the US Eastern Coast divsion for NCCAA. I now play at FIU. My tank is a mixed reef and even though it's not very large I love it and can't ever seem to get enough of it. Meet you guys soon. -Frank
 
just wanted to Welcome all the new guys here..

hope you guys will enjoy this site as much as we do..

Happy Reefin'

:)
 
Cool, welcome! We can always use more men in uniform around here... thought generally speaking policemen uniforms and firefighter uniforms out rank baseball uniforms by a *bit*... even though it's more fun imo to watch the baseball guys smack each other in fun... :D

Hey, what's wamas?

:wave:
Laurie
 
Cool, thanks for telling me! Local reef clubs rock. You the coolest stuff there for cheapo!
:D
Laurie
 
Hello everyone. At the suggestion of a friendly fellow Michigan reefer, I thought I would introduce myself.
My name is Jeff (hence the clever screen name) and I am from Madison Heights, MI. I have only been reefing for about 4 years and for the last 6 months or so I have been trying to step up to a new level.
I fell in love with the pursuit of beautiful corals and quickly realized that zoas were my favorite. I think my favorite part is starting with a small frag and watching it morph and grow into something amazing.
I am really excited to find a site like club-zoa.com and some fellow reefers that share my passion. I hope to contribute and help this site grow while I hopefully grow as a reefer as well.
I look forward to joining this community and sharing, talking, trading, and obsessing about zoas.
Thanks, Jeff
 
jeffberens said:
I fell in love with the pursuit of beautiful corals and quickly realized that zoas were my favorite. I think my favorite part is starting with a small frag and watching it morph and grow into something amazing.
I am really excited to find a site like club-zoa.com and some fellow reefers that share my passion. I hope to contribute and help this site grow while I hopefully grow as a reefer as well.
I look forward to joining this community and sharing, talking, trading, and obsessing about zoas.
Thanks, Jeff

Jeff,

Perfectly said and welcome to the club.

Luciano
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new