New anemone and new clown

Reefing102

#BattleCrew
View Badges
Joined
Apr 25, 2021
Messages
5,252
Reaction score
7,750
Location
Central Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a few weeks ago, I bought “Saddleback Clown” from Petco, also known as an ORA Black Snowflake (gotta love Petco). And then yesterday I just picked up a black widow BTA from a local who makes part of his living selling them to LFS’s across the country.

Now just a quick question, do the black widows really kill other anemones in the tank? I’ve read mixed reviews on that

Here’s pics under 10K halides with blue LEDs

C0B96A34-DFCD-4D50-8B29-5E7876E6112B.jpeg
195E166A-2A91-4B24-B559-40A74CB895F2.jpeg
C72DC3BB-9138-4102-9201-EB5710DE711D.jpeg


And here it is under just Blue LED looking absolutely amazing.
4EC491FF-46F4-47DD-AB75-AC9A0BAB2F51.jpeg
 
Last edited:
I believe I have heard anecdotes that some of the ‘high-end’ bta’s can’t co-exist. I don’t keep the expensive ones, so I forget if black widows were on the list. If you search R2R I know there are a bunch of threads about this very topic.
 
The bubbletips are fine with eachother. What you heard was probably another case of post hoc ergo propter hoc, the most common fallacy in the hobby
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new