New Anemone. Is it ok?

beehive124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I am new to R2R and relatively new the the saltwater hobby itself. I have had a 29 gallon tank running for about a year in a half with two clowns and a cleanup crew. I recently purchased a Green BTA, Tiger Pistol Shrimp, and Yasha Goby off of LiveAquaria. The shipment got delayed and my fish, shrimp, and BTA were in the bags for 48 hours! Luckily, there were no casualties. The anemone was virtually inside out when it arrived. I decided to temperature acclimate, then add ammonia remover to the bag water and start a drip acclimation. The anemone slowly closed up its mouth, but you could still see the white "lips" of the mouth. I shut off my wavemaker and placed the anemone on a rock. It stayed there for a brief 2 minutes before it decided to let go of the rock and float to the bottom. It was on its tentacles for a solid 30 minutes in the sand. I decided to place it on a rock again where it stayed for a little longer, but moved down the rock and went in the sand again, on its tentacles. I tried one more time to put it on a rock, but again it decided to let go. It got pushed around on the bottom of the tank until it wedged itself under a rock. I figured I would give it the night to see if the BTA would move anymore. I woke up this morning to find it wedged deep under and inside the rock. There was no way I could move the nem, so I rotated the rock so the nem was facing upwards. It has stayed put all morning and I am just letting it soak up the light. The nems "white lips" are still visible. Should I be concerned? Should I feed it? Here is a pic of the nem.
IMG_1734.jpg

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leave it be. Let it find its new home on its own. Maybe try to feed in a week or 2. It will inflate and deflate and turn into a piece of gum. All normal.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back