New angel

PghReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just added a large potters angel to my established 90 gallon reef. Other fish include 2 occie clowns, a Melanarus wrasse, a medium tominini Tang, and a small blue Hippo about 4 inches.

The tomini started acting aggressive immediately and nipping at the angels tail, trying to swipe with its spine, etc. Threw a cube of food in and turned off the lights. Will keep them off the the remainder of the day.

Should it be safe to let the lights come on tomorrow as usual? I'm hoping once the potters settle in everything will work itself out.

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use a mirror attached to the end of the tank - give the Tang something to occupy his time.

It' really helps to "introduce" new fish - by putting them in a see-through container inside the tank for a few days so the fish already in the tank can sort of get used to them.

Potter's Angel is a beautiful fish!

OP
OP
P

PghReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use a mirror attached to the end of the tank - give the Tang something to occupy his time.

It' really helps to "introduce" new fish - by putting them in a see-through container inside the tank for a few days so the fish already in the tank can sort of get used to them.

Potter's Angel is a beautiful fish!
Thanks for the reply. Mirror attached.

Was afraid to confine the new guy in a small box and stress it out, I know potters are a more timid and fragile angel. Came from a guy who had it 7 months already.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 51 52.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.2%
Back