New Apex Leak Detection sensors

  • Thread starter Thread starter Waters
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Joined
Nov 5, 2013
Messages
9,415
Reaction score
20,983
Location
Mentor, OH
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody using these yet? I have three and one is stuck in the closed position. I think I might have gotten a bad one :-(
 
I gave up on these. Not what you want to hear I’m sure. Make sure they’re setup properly and set to the right type of device in Fusion.

I have a pan under my water mixing/ATO/AWC station and I accidentally drenched it a day ago when I dropped the hose in it. Nothing. Nada. No alarm. It’s “supposed” to automatically close down the ATO, AWC, and about 5 solenoids via Apex. It did nothing.

We have a ring alarm system so I just use those and they’re 100% reliable so far (They exist under every sink, bathtub, fixture, hot water heater, fish tank on sides and back, under cabinet, etc.

Sucks the system isn’t automated but the Neptune leak sensors were (and apparently still are) notoriously bad…and known to go bad.

Doing a weekly emergency test check is probably smart if you actually do get them working.
 
I was hoping the new ones were of better quality.......I know the old ones were bad. Sounds like they are all still bad lol.
 
I finally did get them to work. Had to update to the latest iOS along with updating the FMM module software. Finally had to switch each port to Water on the Floor instead of Optical (which doesn't make any sense since they are optical sensors but that is what Neptune recommended).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new