New Apex Wont Turn On *help*

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fatmike92
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Fatmike92

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
4,888
Reaction score
4,487
Location
Columbus, ohio
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a brand new Apex. Never had one before.

I just started setting it up.

Plugged the main part into the energy bar like the app start up says

Then plugged it into the wall and nothing

anyone have this issue??
 
I just bought a brand new Apex. Never had one before.

I just started setting it up.

Plugged the main part into the energy bar like the app start up says

Then plugged it into the wall and nothing

anyone have this issue??
Is the brain connected to it including USB and powered on with both having orange lights?
 
Is the brain connected to it including USB and powered on with both having orange lights?
no there are no lights at all.

I checked the outlet with a few different things to confirm its working and it is.

i plugged it in earlier and it had the orange flashing light.

but I unplugged it to keep setting up.

then tonight i was following the set up on the app.

plugged the brain into the energy bar and then the energy bar into the wall.

and nothing came on
 
going to try to reset the breaker on it
 
going to try to reset the breaker on it
There is a little yellow nipple on back of the eb832 plug module
Press that also
Some good videos on you tube also
 
There is a little yellow nipple on back of the eb832 plug module
Press that also
Some good videos on you tube also
Unfortunately it didn’t work. It wasn’t even tripped for me to push and reset

I guess I’ll call them Monday
 
Bump to see if anyone else has had the same issue.
 
So this morning I took it out of the cabinet.

plugged it into the same outlet and I heard a couple of clicks and then the fan turned on in the energy bar.

still no light turning on from the energy bar.

I tried plugging in the brain to all the different combinations of USB and that does not light up as well
 
You can try an external power supply with the following specs if you have one around the house.

  • 12VDC
  • 700ma (or higher)
  • 2.1 mm tip
  • Positive center electrode pin
  • It can be a higher current adapter, but not voltage
If you don't have one to plug in the unit or can't find the apex power supply locally for like 12 bucks. I would simply replace it as it's brand new.

If you have access to the power supply Its quick test. Sorry to hear such frustration on new purchase
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new