New ApexEL / return pump help

sevitz5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought the ApexEL, and want advice on a return pump. I currently have a Vectra M1, but as you know, Apex don’t control it. I’m looking for a GOOD quality pump that is controllable. I was reading up on the Cor-20 and it seems the easiest to connect since it’s Neptune’s pump. Are there any other good ones to look at that don’t require buying separate modules to control?

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can do that without control, no? Switch it off for feeding and calibration is done by the Vectra controller.

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought the ApexEL, and want advice on a return pump. I currently have a Vectra M1, but as you know, Apex don’t control it. I’m looking for a GOOD quality pump that is controllable. I was reading up on the Cor-20 and it seems the easiest to connect since it’s Neptune’s pump. Are there any other good ones to look at that don’t require buying separate modules to control?
Since the apex el doesn’t have variable speed ports I would think the cor is going to be your main option if you want controllability without adding an extra module. Once it’s dialed in you will rarely if ever change it so keep all options open.

U

User1

View Badges
Apex, cor - solved is that is what you are looking for. I have a pair of Cor 15's on my tank. One for return one for skimmer. Skimmer is considered a backup if return fails since you can swap them out in 2 minutes or less and the skimmer is mandatory. I think some raised valid questions asking why the request / need for one is there. On both of my Cor's I started to run at 80% but now have them at 100. I do not use the intelligent feature on either.

I do, however, love the connectivity to the energy bar and out let saving...that isn't the case though with the 20...

Burrito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just (like yesterday) setup my new apexEL and Cor20 pump. the IQ setup was a breeze, just link it to apex, set your max, set your min, and its done.

Ross Petersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just (like yesterday) setup my new apexEL and Cor20 pump. the IQ setup was a breeze, just link it to apex, set your max, set your min, and its done.
Any updates on how the Cor-15 (or 20) is working for everyone? On a related note, I'm looking at a few return pumps and have an Apex EL. Regardless of what I go with, will the Apex be able to notify me when the return pump fails? That's the primary feature I'm looking for - quick disaster intervention.

Ross Petersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apex, cor - solved is that is what you are looking for. I have a pair of Cor 15's on my tank. One for return one for skimmer. Skimmer is considered a backup if return fails since you can swap them out in 2 minutes or less and the skimmer is mandatory. I think some raised valid questions asking why the request / need for one is there. On both of my Cor's I started to run at 80% but now have them at 100. I do not use the intelligent feature on either.

I do, however, love the connectivity to the energy bar and out let saving...that isn't the case though with the 20...
Any updates on how the Cor-15 (or 20) is working for everyone? On a related note, I'm looking at a few return pumps and have an Apex EL. Regardless of what I go with, will the Apex be able to notify me when the return pump fails? That's the primary feature I'm looking for - quick disaster intervention.

U

User1

View Badges

All three of mine are working fine. Cor 15 is the oldest a few weeks after product launch and products became more available. So I guess it is 13 - 15 months running. So far so good.

Cor 15 and 20 are on returns for redundancy connected to 1" sea swirls. Cor 15 is powering my lifereef skimmer. Cor 20 is plugged into a wall outlet not energy bar. Overall I'm pretty happy with them.

Ross Petersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All three of mine are working fine. Cor 15 is the oldest a few weeks after product launch and products became more available. So I guess it is 13 - 15 months running. So far so good.

Cor 15 and 20 are on returns for redundancy connected to 1" sea swirls. Cor 15 is powering my lifereef skimmer. Cor 20 is plugged into a wall outlet not energy bar. Overall I'm pretty happy with them.
Nice! Can you still monitor the Cor-20 if plugged into the wall? What's the benefit of having an apex pump otherwise? I'm new to this game... trying to unpeel the onion a bit :)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Core-20 yes, and I believe there is a cable for Jebao pumps.

U

User1

View Badges
Yes, you can still monitor the Cor 20 even if it isn't plugged into the energy bar. The tile, if you add it, will show watts, rpm, temp, etc. The reason why I have it in a normal wall outlet is because if something did happen to the energy bar the Cor 15's would go offline but the 20 will still get power via the wall outlet.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back