New Aqua Adventure: Navigating the Emotional Tides of Reefing

Reef5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I've just received a message that my shipment is on the way. When I saw the weight... almost a ton! I couldn't help but wonder what I've done, lol.

It's been 12 years since I last had an aquarium, and since then, I've been dreaming about my next one. However, it always felt like a distant goal.

The other day, I came across a Prostar 230 Peninsula and thought, "Well, I would prefer something taller, but I've read on Reef2Reef that taller tanks are not the most convenient to service, so this looks like a nice and relatively affordable option." Then, my fingers slipped, and I clicked on complete purchase.

I tried not to dwell on it too much, but this morning, when I received a message from Estes Express, I thought, "Oh man, this is real." It might not be the best comparison, but it's kind of like being super happy to have a baby while also feeling overwhelmed by the responsibilities and commitments. I am thrilled but also super nervous – what if the shipment becomes a disaster or if the tank is broken, and so on.

But in the end, I'm incredibly excited and thought, "I can finally post on Reef2Reef!" I've been following the site for years, registered a couple of years ago, and this is my first post.

I hope this journey brings happiness, but I know there will be challenges along the way. Nevertheless, I hope I can continue sharing with you the ups and downs of the roller coaster hobby of reef keeping

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Luck
howdy.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back