New aquarium

  • Thread starter Thread starter chases
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

chases

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 5, 2023
Messages
36
Reaction score
16
Location
des moines
What state or country do you live in
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just started my aquarium over 2 weeks ago and on the cycle right now and ammonia is dropping and nitrite is a little high so wondering if I should just keep waiting and they will eventually drop or if I should be adding stuff to help drop them?
 
We don't really test the nitrite, the most important is that the ammonia should be zero, and you should see some nitrates, nitrate will go up to 10+ . Nitrite just shows the cycle is progressing, but ammonia and nitrate are the 2 to test.
 
Just started my aquarium over 2 weeks ago and on the cycle right now and ammonia is dropping and nitrite is a little high so wondering if I should just keep waiting and they will eventually drop or if I should be adding stuff to help drop them?

Nitrite is a fresh water concern.
 
We don't really test the nitrite, the most important is that the ammonia should be zero, and you should see some nitrates, nitrate will go up to 10+ . Nitrite just shows the cycle is progressing, but ammonia and nitrate are the 2 to test.
My bad typo error by me that’s what I meant
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new