Asavorycookie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I've recently obtained a 50 gallon aquarium from a friend. So I was wondering if you guys could help me settle on some new equipment I plan on also getting new fish except that I own a pair of clown fish and a firefish. Maybe you could help find something else to stock either inverts or fish. What I really find important is the quality of the product but nothing to terribly expensive. Any help would be appreciated thanks!

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sooooo....something nice, but not too expensive. Got it.

What equipment do you currently have? What equipment do you want to have? Are there any specialty things (you have acros, you have a sump, one of your fish is incredibly sensitive to organics, etc.) that we should know?

OP
OP
A

Asavorycookie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sooooo....something nice, but not too expensive. Got it.

What equipment do you currently have? What equipment do you want to have? Are there any specialty things (you have acros, you have a sump, one of your fish is incredibly sensitive to organics, etc.) that we should know?
I'm planning on getting a replacement for all my equipment except my sump because it's 20 gallons. But for head pumps lights and skimmers ill buy new ones I'm basically wanting to replace all my equipment

Last edited:

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm....well, here're my recommendations:

Return Pump: Danner Mag Drive Pumps are nice, but buzzy/loud. The VivoSuns available on Amazon are cheaper and not nearly as buzzy though.

Skimmer: I hear good things about the Reef Octopus, but I've had some really good experience with the coralife super skimmers. The only downside is that it isn't easy to clean the internal chamber.

There are actually a lot of good non-brand equipments available on amazon if you look for it. I've purchased heaters, return pumps, and circulation pumps that aren't branded (korallia, cobalt, etc.) that function the same if not better.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 98 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back