New ATI Powermodule Hybrid!

Reefltx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that the new model is out, what do you guys think?

3D017819-FB49-43C1-A4F0-AA1FD8370508.jpeg

OP
OP
Reefltx

Reefltx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance it might come in the original aluminum or even white color?

Better yet, any chance for those who currently own the older gen hybrid to upgrade? New led pucks, wifi power supply?

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They need to carry 4, 6 and 8 bulb here in the US

4 and 8 are available, 6 is coming soon to North America.

Any chance it might come in the original aluminum or even white color?

Yes, they can be special ordered. They have ~90 day lead time.

Better yet, any chance for those who currently own the older gen hybrid to upgrade? New led pucks, wifi power supply?

If your current gen LED Powermodule says 1.6 FB (roughly all in the last 1.5 years sold) printed on the specification plate on the side they can be updated to Wifi or new LED pucks.

Rehype

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your current gen LED Powermodule says 1.6 FB (roughly all in the last 1.5 years sold) printed on the specification plate on the side they can be updated to Wifi or new LED pucks.

What's involved?New power supply? Can customers do it on their own? And how much does it cost?

Twocorns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   2   0
I have a 54w 8 bulb ati. Whats the difference between it and a powermodule? Just the LED pucks? Just wondering why the powermodule version costs so much more, compared to just buying an addon reefbrite.

Thanks!

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's involved?New power supply? Can customers do it on their own? And how much does it cost?

It would require a replacement Powermodule control box/Power supply. The entire box would need swapped out.

I am confirming with Germany how to tell for certain which fixtures are able to operate with the Wifi control box, in the mean time I would need to know what the stickers on the inside legs of you current control box say to be able to tell you if it is able to change to wifi. All fixtures in roughly the last 2 years should be compatible.

OP
OP
Reefltx

Reefltx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 54w 8 bulb ati. Whats the difference between it and a powermodule? Just the LED pucks? Just wondering why the powermodule version costs so much more, compared to just buying an addon reefbrite.

Thanks!

You get full control, like dimming and adjusting the colors to your liking. A single reefbrite strip runs about $300-400 and you’d probably need 2x.

Rehype

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would require a replacement Powermodule control box/Power supply. The entire box would need swapped out.

I am confirming with Germany how to tell for certain which fixtures are able to operate with the Wifi control box, in the mean time I would need to know what the stickers on the inside legs of you current control box say to be able to tell you if it is able to change to wifi. All fixtures in roughly the last 2 years should be compatible.

Thanks for the response my sticker says 1.6FB. I'm curious as well about the new LED cluster. Are these user replaceable?

Thanks for any feedback

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the response my sticker says 1.6FB. I'm curious as well about the new LED cluster. Are these user replaceable?

Thanks for any feedback

Yes they are! You can watch this video to get an idea of how difficult it is (or isn't really).

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you wondering, please review your fixture for the specifications sticker. If you have a 1.6 FB as shown your fixture IS compatible with the Wifi control box and current LED Cluster configuration.
1.6 FB_LI.jpg

Rehype

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes they are! You can watch this video to get an idea of how difficult it is (or isn't really).

Thanks for the feedback. ok so how much for the LEDs and the new power supply?
Can you upgrade the the LEDs without upgrading the power supply?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 146 88.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back