New ATI Powermodule Hybrid!

pa1ntbru5h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you wondering, please review your fixture for the specifications sticker. If you have a 1.6 FB as shown your fixture IS compatible with the Wifi control box and current LED Cluster configuration.

That's awesome! I definitely want to upgrade my Powermodule to WiFi as long as it doesn't break the bank!

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the feedback. ok so how much for the LEDs and the new power supply?
Can you upgrade the the LEDs without upgrading the power supply?

Each replacement LED Cluster is $150.95
Wifi control box is $342.95

They are independent of each other, you can replace either or both.

Currently neither are available for purchase however, I am not sure at this time when they will arrive. (currently only enough boxes were shipped to cover the quantity of fixtures.)

Rehype

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Currently neither are available for purchase however, I am not sure at this time when they will arrive. (currently only enough boxes were shipped to cover the quantity of fixtures.)

Thanks alot for the feedback. Can you update this thread when they become available?

Rehype

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Also meant to ask could you find out if the firmware of the non-wifi control Box need to be upgraded to support the new LED clusters. If so whats the process for updating the firmware?

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also meant to ask could you find out if the firmware of the non-wifi control Box need to be upgraded to support the new LED clusters. If so whats the process for updating the firmware?

Updating firmware is very easy, but I will need to ask the engineers if it is required to support the new LED clusters. I don't believe it is required.

Firmware can be updated using the ATI Light Studio software. With the PC connected you use the LAMP drop down, then Firmware update.

neupane00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys, i had a minor power outage yesterday and i came back home to a dark tank. when i logged in via wifi the lights came back up! Is there a way to prevent that? i am scared to go away for few days now. I have the new wifi version

Junior84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question for anyone please ... i have a 4 bulb t5 ho fixture. Can i grow lps and soft coral with 3 ATI blue plus and 1 purple plus bulb. Obviously on a set schedule but just with those bulbs?

ifarmer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ati 4 bulbs should be fine even for sps depend on the tank...(tank that is 18" tall or less).

Junior84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 50 gallon tank 4 feet by 18 in depth ... hammer corals , zoanthids , acans , gsp , mushrooms , button polyps , blasto , candy cane

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where can I special order one in white?

ANY ATI Dealer can do this for you, you just have to ask them. A deposit will be required with the distributor for them to place the order and it takes 90-120 days for the fixture to arrive in North America. I am not sure which online retailers offer this, but any of them can do it if they have a system in place to allow it.

Hey guys, i had a minor power outage yesterday and i came back home to a dark tank. when i logged in via wifi the lights came back up! Is there a way to prevent that? i am scared to go away for few days now. I have the new wifi version

Hello Neupaneo, if the light is brand new and hasn't been running more than a day or two this is because the capacitor has not had time to charge. If it has then you likely need an update to the firmware. I see you are in NJ, did you buy this in North America? (we preload firmware, other countries may not). Please open a support ticket by emailing us at customercare@ our domain name atinorthamerica.com so we can help if needed. If its only been running a day or two, just give it time.

Question for anyone please ... i have a 4 bulb t5 ho fixture. Can i grow lps and soft coral with 3 ATI blue plus and 1 purple plus bulb. Obviously on a set schedule but just with those bulbs?

Absolutely, depending on the fixture. A "T5 HO fixture" is vague, ATI fixtures can have as much as 40% more output vs the competition. If its a super economy fixture without individual reflectors for example, you're going to lose huge amounts of light and it may not be sufficient. If you at least have individual reflectors for each bulb you should be fine.

neupane00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Its been a month already. I will send a support ticket. thank you

ANY ATI Dealer can do this for you, you just have to ask them. A deposit will be required with the distributor for them to place the order and it takes 90-120 days for the fixture to arrive in North America. I am not sure which online retailers offer this, but any of them can do it if they have a system in place to allow it.

Hello Neupaneo, if the light is brand new and hasn't been running more than a day or two this is because the capacitor has not had time to charge. If it has then you likely need an update to the firmware. I see you are in NJ, did you buy this in North America? (we preload firmware, other countries may not). Please open a support ticket by emailing us at customercare@ our domain name atinorthamerica.com so we can help if needed. If its only been running a day or two, just give it time.

Absolutely, depending on the fixture. A "T5 HO fixture" is vague, ATI fixtures can have as much as 40% more output vs the competition. If its a super economy fixture without individual reflectors for example, you're going to lose huge amounts of light and it may not be sufficient. If you at least have individual reflectors for each bulb you should be fine.

mrpizzaface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4 and 8 are available, 6 is coming soon to North America.

Yes, they can be special ordered. They have ~90 day lead time.

If your current gen LED Powermodule says 1.6 FB (roughly all in the last 1.5 years sold) printed on the specification plate on the side they can be updated to Wifi or new LED pucks.
How would one go about special ordering the 60" 6 bulb version in silver?

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How would one go about special ordering the 60" 6 bulb version in silver?

Any ATI Dealer can do this for you. They may not know it, but visit your ATI dealer and ask them to do it for you. If needed they can call the distributor to get any info they need. Basically they just need to pay a deposit when they order it. The distributor will add it to their next PO to Germany and it will be built, shipped, tested, boxed etc then shipped to you. If you do not have a local dealer let me know via PM and I'll put you in touch with someone who can take care of this for you.

Punchanello

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone - help please!

I have the wifi 80watt dimmable. I disconnected the cable to the light last night and reconnected it. The light won't respond at all now. I switched it on and off. I did the factory reset but none of the lights respond to the lamp test.

Is it possible to update with the firmware from ATI North America's site?

I tried to contact ATI (Europe) but there's no confirmation the ticket goes through.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back