New Avast Marine Auto feeder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AVAST Marine are these out? interested in trying one out.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Would like to see some good feedback before considering.
Heck, I'll be a field tester !!!

OP
OP
Leishman

Leishman

143gadgets' Mentor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does it connect to apex?
Through an outlet on the power bar. Use an oscillate code to run.

For 30sec/hour when lights on (change time to sync w lights)

Fallback OFF
OSC 000:00/000:30/059:30 Then ON
If Time 23:30 to 16:00 Then OFF

OP
OP
Leishman

Leishman

143gadgets' Mentor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine is on a Wyze smart plug. It runs for 1 minute every 90 minutes while the lights are on. I don't have power bar capacity right now.

HighChiefKC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excuse my ignorance for understanding how this works, but is the water circulating in that cylinder at all times, or only at the same time when food drops in when you turn it on? How much food will it hold?
@Leishman so in your trials, you run it for
60 seconds a few times a day? And that drops
Out about a penny size worth of food?
thanks!

OP
OP
Leishman

Leishman

143gadgets' Mentor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AVAST Marine any pics of it mounted on a euro braced tank? I’ll have to go measure how wide mine is.
just discovered Avast a few weeks ago and used their ATO!
Not the best pic. Didn’t want to have to unplug the pump. Looks like it will accommodate up to 3.5”. NOT official number.
70E5B597-5249-4B79-9B2B-358A8997310B.jpeg

OP
OP
Leishman

Leishman

143gadgets' Mentor
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excuse my ignorance for understanding how this works, but is the water circulating in that cylinder at all times, or only at the same time when food drops in when you turn it on? How much food will it hold?
@Leishman so in your trials, you run it for
60 seconds a few times a day? And that drops
Out about a penny size worth of food?
thanks!

The circulating pump is always on. I don't see why it can't be turned on and off, i just don't want to use another time outlet to save power on such a small power draw. The amount of food dropped in 60 seconds is dependent on what you have in the hopper. I have a blend of 7 or 8 dried foods that the LFS sells. I add PE pellets to that blend. I run it twice a day right now. I only have an 80g tank, but i do have four anthias who will eat all day. I also drop a cube of frozen PE Mysis into the chamber each day. It defrosts and is broadcast out as it thaws. I do not rinse the frozen as my phosphates are at zero. I need to boost them up.

HighChiefKC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The circulating pump is always on. I don't see why it can't be turned on and off, i just don't want to use another time outlet to save power on such a small power draw. The amount of food dropped in 60 seconds is dependent on what you have in the hopper. I have a blend of 7 or 8 dried foods that the LFS sells. I add PE pellets to that blend. I run it twice a day right now. I only have an 80g tank, but i do have four anthias who will eat all day. I also drop a cube of frozen PE Mysis into the chamber each day. It defrosts and is broadcast out as it thaws. I do not rinse the frozen as my phosphates are at zero. I need to boost them up.
Awesome. Yea I like the idea of it constantly running too!

well dang, all a moot point. My bracing is 4.25”
EEDB327A-E873-44AD-B76B-43D3F3BAEA2C.jpeg

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome. Yea I like the idea of it constantly running too!

well dang, all a moot point. My bracing is 4.25”
EEDB327A-E873-44AD-B76B-43D3F3BAEA2C.jpeg

She's pretty heavy in the back, I have used one on my 6" euro bracing for years with no clamps. The only thing hanging over the edge is the pipe. That said, it is not too difficult for us to make a longer plank base (completely separate part from feeder). Just shoot us an email and we will see what we can do for you.

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it work with pellets as well?

Yes. I have used a combo of powdered freeze dried foods along with sinking pellets for as long as I can remember. I also have one on a FW tank with pellet/ flake/ freeze dried worms and it works really well for that as well. It mixes the food in the chamber every feeding cycle so there is always a nice blend going to your animals when if feeds.

Back