OP
B

Bertle92

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just at Kona reef and saw they have a red Sea max nano. It has auto top off, protein skimmer, upgrade lights, etc for 600. Is this a good option or am I better off buying pieces separately?

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just at Kona reef and saw they have a red Sea max nano. It has auto top off, protein skimmer, upgrade lights, etc for 600. Is this a good option or am I better off buying pieces separately?
Welcome from Flagstaff. Is that with the stand?

OP
OP
B

Bertle92

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that's without the stand. Maybe the lady at the store lied? Does that have everything I need? I also found a red Sea C130 on Craigslist for 500. I'm not partial to red Sea or anything it just looks like there is a lot included

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that's without the stand. Maybe the lady at the store lied? Does that have everything I need? I also found a red Sea C130 on Craigslist for 500. I'm not partial to red Sea or anything it just looks like there is a lot included
I just called them and it is $660 without the stand, with the stand it's $1000. All of that is plus tax. Right now on Amazon there is one for $699. For most nano's you really don't need a Skimmer. You might be better off waiting until Labor day sales and buy a Innovative Marine tank, Auto Aqua Smart top off and an AI HD prime. You'd bee in the ballpark of $400-650 depending on the size of the tank. Keep in mind no stand.

Also there are other options out there such as Waterbox and JBJ for AIO nano's Heck for $650-750 you could get a SCA 50 gallon cube with stand, sump,pump and skimmer. Just need to add a light.

If you're looking for a Nano locally PM me. I have several Nano set ups. I could easily sell you one if you'd be interested.

OP
OP
B

Bertle92

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a large piece I can use for a stand so I just need a tank but good call there might be some sales coming up! I appreciate it and will look into those other brands you mentioned!!

Highgrade

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one you mentioned at Kona has just about everything other than the stand you'd need a heater, water, rock/sand. If the C130 is in good shape with no scratches or damage that is a pretty good deal. Only issues with the Red Sea C series is the proprietary components such as the pumps, sumps, filtration have known issues. So replacements can be hard to come by.

OP
OP
B

Bertle92

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any LFS that use only captive bred fish? I feel bad about buying something wild

OP
OP
B

Bertle92

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi AZ reefers! Does anyone know a LFS that uses only captive bred fish? I feel bad buying anything wild caught just a oersonal preference!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 92 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back