OP
OP
Bubbabobobbrain

Bubbabobobbrain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a seneye reef monitor on Friday that should be in on Monday so I can dial in my lights. Definitely looking forward to trying that out. I’ll have to see if I can make a video of it and post it

OP
OP
Bubbabobobbrain

Bubbabobobbrain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh boy!! Got a few new toys, lol

06EF33F5-53E9-4BCD-AF02-E1841D6C8A3D.jpeg

OP
OP
Bubbabobobbrain

Bubbabobobbrain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the par is definitely there on the reef breeders led fixture, lol. I tweaked the power levels a little to get the par where it needs to be so I can make this a little nano sps dominant tank. The downside to having a pretty shallow tank is that there isn’t much difference in par from the top of the rock work down to the sand bed. I’m a little nervous about cooking lower light corals that I want to start with until my tank matures and I can load it up with sps but I suppose I could always turn the lights down a bit until that time comes

C44D2BC1-434F-4DCC-88CE-61C17811273F.jpeg 4387F8E4-2855-401D-ADAF-F0E331F245B3.jpeg

OP
OP
Bubbabobobbrain

Bubbabobobbrain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this is very maddening! Not sure what happened last night but during the night one of my clowns disappeared. I wish I could fit a screen top on my tank but between the hob filters and the legs on my light fitting on top of my tank I can’t have a screen cover and access the tank without being a massive pain

OP
OP
Bubbabobobbrain

Bubbabobobbrain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I don’t think I had dinos, I believe it was just a diatom bloom which disappeared within 2 days thankfully. And I picked up some nice stuff at fragtoberfest. I picked up 3 zoa frags (utter chaos, fruit loops, and a no namer), a hammer frag, a frag of dendros, an acan frag, a gorgeous rainbow bta, and a tester sps frag which is still looking great after about 5 days. Fingers crossed that I can keep up my good luck

FAC9616A-FF41-4855-9884-EE4B14D86E0A.jpeg D1A29A02-4BBB-4167-8A1F-BB70319421BC.jpeg 06AB22ED-CB8A-43B7-AA3C-25864A026C10.jpeg E71ED267-058E-4F44-BF40-7310897CB0BB.jpeg ED0A5728-7D67-4207-8C51-CF89E047BB9E.jpeg BE6DD388-ED11-4B86-8DB5-79992FA8BE14.jpeg 64FC097A-6090-4109-8772-B008979E48EF.jpeg

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sucks about the clown. Maybe a screen top what the heck cutouts at the rear corners for equiptment so that it slides in from the front of the tank. Nice rockwork. Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
Bubbabobobbrain

Bubbabobobbrain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sucks about the clown. Maybe a screen top what the heck cutouts at the rear corners for equiptment so that it slides in from the front of the tank. Nice rockwork. Thanks for sharing.
If I end up hanging the light I will make a 2 piece screen top with 1 piece being for the hob filters with cutouts for the intank stuff and a second piece that can be easily removed. Right now with the light bracket sitting on the tank I can’t really make an easily removable top for it because the light brackets cradle the whole top of the tank. Kind of a pain in the butt but for now it is what it is I guess right, lol

chevy4w

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good...nice rock work. I'm glad you don't have to deal with dinos. On my first set up several years ago I had them and it was a challenge to get rid of them. I did but almost threw in the towel over that crap!! So far with my new set up all is dino-free!
Sorry to hear about your clown going awol. I recently put a yellow eye tang in the tank and it was doing well for 2 weeks. Then one morning I don't see it with the rest of the fish. Upon lifting some rock work I found it wedged between the sandbed and a rock. I literally had to pull it out from under the rock, it was really wedged!?? Strange things do happen in reef tanks!
Looks like you had fun at Fragtoberfest!! So did I brother!

OP
OP
Bubbabobobbrain

Bubbabobobbrain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good...nice rock work. I'm glad you don't have to deal with dinos. On my first set up several years ago I had them and it was a challenge to get rid of them. I did but almost threw in the towel over that crap!! So far with my new set up all is dino-free!
Sorry to hear about your clown going awol. I recently put a yellow eye tang in the tank and it was doing well for 2 weeks. Then one morning I don't see it with the rest of the fish. Upon lifting some rock work I found it wedged between the sandbed and a rock. I literally had to pull it out from under the rock, it was really wedged!?? Strange things do happen in reef tanks!
Looks like you had fun at Fragtoberfest!! So did I brother!
Yup I definitely had fun while I was there. I didn’t get to stay very long because I had afternoon plans but I’m happy with what I picked up while I was there. And yes , dinos are a nightmare for sure. I tore my last tank down because of them. I think the difference this time around for me was seeding the tank with lots of pods. I read that starting a tank with dry rock will need seeding of pods because they’re actually the thing that fights off the crap in the beginning of the cycle and so far it has been pretty good since adding pods this time

sassAwrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bob, how are you liking the monitor? I haven't heard of too many people around here using them.. just curious how it's working out.

OP
OP
Bubbabobobbrain

Bubbabobobbrain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bob, how are you liking the monitor? I haven't heard of too many people around here using them.. just curious how it's working out.
I’m not using the seneye for monitoring. I pretty much just got it for the par meter aspect, but maybe down the road I’ll try the monitoring part out

captc07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha. I assume the par meter option is working out well? What's the cost compared to a par meter?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back