New beginnings.

bud_rick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody. This is what I am considering my return to the hobby. The last time I have had a serious reef tank was years ago, then I reduced it down to a desktop setup with a damsel, feather duster and a couple euphyllia up until this point.

Things have changed for me and now I finally have enough time to devote to the hobby which makes me very happy. My plans are to slowly start collecting frags to grow out and sell at local frag swaps! Right now I have a 75 gallon and 50 gallon lowboy both on seperate sumps which will be getting setup and cycled within the next month or so. Until then I am grabbing up corals and placing them in my 29 gal and 15 gallon desktop tank under g5 radion xr30 lights which will eventually be setup on the grow out tanks once they are cycled.

15 Gal
15 1.jpg
15 2.jpg
15 3.jpg
15 4.jpg
15 5.jpg
15 6.jpg

29 gal
29 gal.jpg
jf goldmeister.jpg
rainbow acan.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody. This is what I am considering my return to the hobby. The last time I have had a serious reef tank was years ago, then I reduced it down to a desktop setup with a damsel, feather duster and a couple euphyllia up until this point.

Things have changed for me and now I finally have enough time to devote to the hobby which makes me very happy. My plans are to slowly start collecting frags to grow out and sell at local frag swaps! Right now I have a 75 gallon and 50 gallon lowboy both on seperate sumps which will be getting setup and cycled within the next month or so. Until then I am grabbing up corals and placing them in my 29 gal and 15 gallon desktop tank under g5 radion xr30 lights which will eventually be setup on the grow out tanks once they are cycled.

15 Gal
15 1.jpg
15 2.jpg
15 3.jpg
15 4.jpg
15 5.jpg
15 6.jpg

29 gal

29 gal.jpg
jf goldmeister.jpg
rainbow acan.jpg

Welcome! Glad you joined and glad life has gotten smoother for you to refocus on your hobby.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). Thanks for the photos!

This might help you find people local to you in upstate NY:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back