New Blenny-what to expect

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey all,
First fish I added to my tank is a bicolor blenny about 5 hours ago. Turned the lights off and heading to bed. When should I feed him/when should I be concerned if he doesn’t eat. He’s about 2.5” long. Lfs says he was accepting pellets and Mysis. Theres not much plant material in my tank, keep it super clean lol so I’m worried he won’t be able to snack if he doesn’t eat.
Thanks!!

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine ate mysis,brine, flakes, and pellets . Common for new fish not to eat

wallyg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased a spotted tail yesterday and he ate frozen mysis that evening. He is just hiding out in the corner of the tank though and not really moving around at all except to eat.

foxt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try to start out by feeding the same stuff it was eating at the LFS. My experience with bicolors is that they can be a little shy, so make sure there are plenty of hiding places so the fish can be comfortable.

wallyg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is eating fine. Have plenty of rocks in the tank but he seems to be ignoring them right now. Hopefully in a few days he gets acclimated and comes out from the upper corner.
Thanks

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back