New blue tuxedo urchin!

  • Thread starter Thread starter PoppyD88
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

PoppyD88

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 2, 2020
Messages
15
Reaction score
5
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve gotten a new blue tuxedo urchin. I have a lot of different types of algae in my tank however I read online that you need to give the urchin supplements of calcium or iodine. Can someone please explain to me what this is about? I don’t fully understand and when ever I google it, nothing comes up. I have a 55 gallon tank, with 40 lbs of live rock, 60lbs of live sand, two clowns, 1 orange spotted goby, 1 scooter blenny, 1 royal gramma, 3 green chromis, 1 purple firefish, 15 snails, 1 blue hermit crab, and 1 blue tuxedo urchin.

4F3ED6D3-53ED-4911-A909-BC5A41C1BCA0.png
 
I’ve had various urchins for years, and never dosed anything specific for them. They got what they needed through regular water changes.
 
I’ve gotten a new blue tuxedo urchin. I have a lot of different types of algae in my tank however I read online that you need to give the urchin supplements of calcium or iodine. Can someone please explain to me what this is about? I don’t fully understand and when ever I google it, nothing comes up. I have a 55 gallon tank, with 40 lbs of live rock, 60lbs of live sand, two clowns, 1 orange spotted goby, 1 scooter blenny, 1 royal gramma, 3 green chromis, 1 purple firefish, 15 snails, 1 blue hermit crab, and 1 blue tuxedo urchin.

4F3ED6D3-53ED-4911-A909-BC5A41C1BCA0.png
My blue tuxedo just died. Unsure as for cause maybe it just doesn't eat hair algae. It lasted 13 days.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new