OP
OP
Danh Ngo

Danh Ngo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update with pic, mouth is way inside the rock barely see it. But I can see a bit, does not look swollen like yesterday

962A7B47-116E-4296-A838-B0DE46F9EEE0.jpeg

OP
OP
Danh Ngo

Danh Ngo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang and he splitted this morning :), Both looks fine, I think due to all changes, and stress what caused him to split

Corals.com

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTA's can be rough shippers. Definitely keep an eye on out. They're quite resilient though. I've seen TONS come in that look like this and they bounce back by the next day or so! Don't give up hope. If there's a hole all the way through though, it's probably a goner. If it's attached though, there probably isn't one. I'd say it's definitely a good sign that it's attached!

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang and he splitted this morning :), Both looks fine, I think due to all changes, and stress what caused him to split

It may have very well split from stress, but if its mouth is not agape. Don't you stress. :)

Congrats!

I'm not sure if you're aware that BTA's do have separate sexes and that in fact some are male and some female, and they can actually spawn from time to time by releasing sperm and eggs into the water.

Sometimes the gametes will end up combining with each other, and fertilization can take place with the eggs developing into larvae. Then settle to the bottom of the tank and begin to grow into small anemones, and the reproductive cycle can begin again.

Sexual reproduction may allow the genes of different anemones morphing into different types of various BTA anemones such as some rare ones we see.

BTA's can also reproduce asexually would be the case of a single BTA introduced in the tank. Most species of anemones only reproduce sexually, but the BTA can make more of themselves without the use of any sperm or eggs to produce genetic clones. Quite often in fact.

OP
OP
Danh Ngo

Danh Ngo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated!!
He is not doing good, few things to consider.
He root about 6 inch deep into the rock.
2 days ago he close up like other nems do at night.
The morning after when light goes up, he could not find his way back to the old position because close up all the way inside the rock.
So he found a new spot, I notice after he move to a new spot, he poops (expell zoox) after one day in new spot, but still go out when light is up
I did not have time to check him up during the day, just observe those movement through a camera.
Today I get home a bit early, see that the mouth is open, ( mouth was not opened Monday and Tuesday)
Should I do something? Or let him readjust again with this new position
** this new spot has way more flow comparing to the old spot****
Any idea to save the little boy

898CB9D3-32C4-4598-9887-BF49DD5AB8CB.jpeg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 42.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 22.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back