New Bubble Tip Anemone Stressed or dying?

JClic

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new BTA that my LFS was very rough with when getting it bagged up. It has produced some small white stringy mucus and has moved about an inch since putting it in the tank yesterday. It looks nothing like it did in the store size and bubble wise. It has inflated a lot since I put it in the tank but no where near what it looked like in the store. Parameters are fine. It has wedged itself further into the rock as shown in the pictures. Also it is not splitting. Any thoughts on If it is dying or just stressed?
image.jpg
image.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have a new BTA that my LFS was very rough with when getting it bagged up. It has produced some small white stringy mucus and has moved about an inch since putting it in the tank yesterday. It looks nothing like it did in the store size and bubble wise. It has inflated a lot since I put it in the tank but no where near what it looked like in the store. Parameters are fine. It has wedged itself further into the rock as shown in the pictures. Also it is not splitting. Any thoughts on If it is dying or just stressed?
image.jpg
image.jpg
Nem is hiding as is often due to too much bright light and/or water flow

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t see anything obviously wrong. Anemones usually adjust pretty quickly and tend to find their own spot in a few days. Personally it not moving I would consider a good sign. Have you seen if it will take food? Tank looks pretty new so I would try feeding it.

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was probably just acclimating to your tank. Sometimes BTAs can take a couple of weeks to get used to a new tank--they may deflate, close up completely, or do other odd things in the process. I'd expect yours to move around as well.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back