New Bubble Tip Anemone Stressed or dying?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zodem
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Zodem

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 27, 2023
Messages
74
Reaction score
98
Location
Baltimore
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new BTA that my LFS was very rough with when getting it bagged up. It has produced some small white stringy mucus and has moved about an inch since putting it in the tank yesterday. It looks nothing like it did in the store size and bubble wise. It has inflated a lot since I put it in the tank but no where near what it looked like in the store. Parameters are fine. It has wedged itself further into the rock as shown in the pictures. Also it is not splitting. Any thoughts on If it is dying or just stressed?
image.jpg
image.jpg
 
I have a new BTA that my LFS was very rough with when getting it bagged up. It has produced some small white stringy mucus and has moved about an inch since putting it in the tank yesterday. It looks nothing like it did in the store size and bubble wise. It has inflated a lot since I put it in the tank but no where near what it looked like in the store. Parameters are fine. It has wedged itself further into the rock as shown in the pictures. Also it is not splitting. Any thoughts on If it is dying or just stressed?
image.jpg
image.jpg
Nem is hiding as is often due to too much bright light and/or water flow
 
I don’t see anything obviously wrong. Anemones usually adjust pretty quickly and tend to find their own spot in a few days. Personally it not moving I would consider a good sign. Have you seen if it will take food? Tank looks pretty new so I would try feeding it.
 
It was probably just acclimating to your tank. Sometimes BTAs can take a couple of weeks to get used to a new tank--they may deflate, close up completely, or do other odd things in the process. I'd expect yours to move around as well.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new