OP
OP
BaliReefBox

BaliReefBox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well a quick update. I have repaired the internal overflow myself as it was going to be a real pest to ship it back and risk it getting beaten up again on the return.
I couldn't roll the tank over, to drill the 2 x 63mm overflows in the vertical position. So I taped a plastic bag to the tank and put the bottom into a large funnel that connected to a pvc pipe and into a bucket. I setup a 12v small 300 lph pump and made a reticulation system. This time I used a 240v drill and must say it was alot quicker than the cordless and you could put quite a bit of pressure on the drill as there was plenty of cooling. The drain system worked great with minimal water mess.

Now I plan a 1" bean animal overflow and to keep it simple a 1" return. I bought a Hailea HK-1000 chiller and the suggested flow for it is 5000 to10,000 LPH ... What are the thoughts on return pump direct to chiller then to DT. Maybe a parallel bypass loop to take the chiller off line if required. My current setup is chiller feed off the return the back to the sump. I feel this is not very efficient. Any feedback appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_7359.jpg
    IMG_7359.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_7360.jpg
    IMG_7360.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 16

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 45 29.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 42 27.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 53 34.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.2%

Back