New build

Bruce Burnett

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After I get moved I am thinking about doing a new build. Sold off everything before move as I have been living in travel trailer while house is being built. Going much smaller size will be along the size of the red sea 250 or 350. Also want to keep cost down. My question is lighting could do hydras, red sea or was thinking even noopsysche. Tank will be mixed corals. I love Orphek but looking to keep price down. Since these tanks are under 24" tall don't need the price point of Orphek or Radions. What is everyone's thought

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hydras or noopsyche would work. Red Sea I haven't seen or heard much. Let's see what others are saying.

OP
OP
Bruce Burnett

Bruce Burnett

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone. How about those that have a choice between Radions, Orphek, Reefi Duo Extreme, hydras, Reefled, Noopsysche. So the list is bigger. Why would you pick one over the other.

thuctritran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with noopsyche and very happy with the decision. Lights look great, and price is excellent compared to the others you listed.

OP
OP
Bruce Burnett

Bruce Burnett

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with noopsyche and very happy with the decision. Lights look great, and price is excellent compared to the others you listed.
Yes I have not started purchasing stuff. We just got moved and putting stuff away. My plan is Noopsyche K7s with hybrid. I like Orpheks but I am disabled so my budget is not that big especially after moving into new home. I have heard no complaints on the Noopsyche except the controller but once you are setup why mess with light settings.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back