New bulbs or switch to LED's

  • Thread starter Thread starter cjrudy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I was thinking of adding a couple of rows of leds into my ATI fixture. Even if you lose the shimmer midday you could use the leds as a sunrise/sunset effect.
 
Diy led setup. Notice Green monti cap.
uhy2uqa3.jpg

And ORA Green birdsnest
e2y2u2er.jpg
 
Absolutely led can grow sps. I just prefer the color of t5 over my leds. I didn't have the spectrum that some of the fixtures offer though.
 
When you DIY it you can pick and choose your colors, for mine we are adding some deep reds, turquoise true violet and hyper violets. With being able to pick your colors like this, you can make your colors pop. I just received my LEDs, I will have pics up in a few days.
 
Led/t5 Hybrid- That's the answer!
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new