New Carbon Doser Regulator for Calcium Reactors

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Tunze Debuts CarbonDoser Electronic CO2 Regulator​

The new CarbonDoser electronic CO2 regulator valve is compatible with systems from Neptune, Hydros, GHL, PinPoint and of course with TUNZE pressure reducer 7077/3 as well as the TUNZE calcium reactors 3171 and 3172.The new CarbonDoser electronic CO2 regulator valve is compatible with systems from Neptune, Hydros, GHL, PinPoint and with TUNZE pressure reducer 7077/3 as well as the TUNZE calcium reactors 3171 and 3172.
via Tunze

The new CarbonDoser 7077.200 from TUNZE is ideal for a targeted and very precise CO2 supply in freshwater aquariums, or into calcium reactors. It features an electronically controlled valve that produces one CO2 portion / CO2 bubble every 0.1 to 10 seconds. The number of bubbles/portions is adjustable from 10 per second to 1 every 10 seconds and the rate of delivery is constant to +/- 1/1,000th of a second.

At A Glance Features

• In seawater — especially reef systems – it allows the convenient and risk-free use of a calcium reactor to maintain the biotope balance.
  • In freshwater — especially aquascaping — the CarbonDoser® is an indispensable tool for providing the perfect CO2 dosage regulation to optimize plant growth without laborious CO2 adjustment.
  • Most precise dosing due to the high reactivity of the valve.
  • Bubble rate constant to +/- 1/1,000th of a second.
  • Generates one CO2 portion / CO2 bubble every 0.1 to 10 seconds.
  • The number of bubbles is adjustable from approx. 10 portions/bubbles per second to 1 portion/bubble per 10 seconds.
  • No “dumping” like with needle valves.
  • Consistent, precise CO2 regulation even with pressure fluctuations.
  • Intuitive, user-friendly, compact and easy to operate.
  • Including check valve, hose adapter, hoses, power supply unit.
  • Compatible with Neptune, Hydros, GHL, PinPoint and of course with TUNZE® pressure reducer 7077/3 as well as the TUNZE® calcium reactors 3171 and 3172.
Learn more at https://www.tunze.com/US/en/details/7077.200-carbondoserR.html

###

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Tunze Debuts CarbonDoser Electronic CO2 Regulator​

The new CarbonDoser electronic CO2 regulator valve is compatible with systems from Neptune, Hydros, GHL, PinPoint and of course with TUNZE pressure reducer 7077/3 as well as the TUNZE calcium reactors 3171 and 3172.The new CarbonDoser electronic CO2 regulator valve is compatible with systems from Neptune, Hydros, GHL, PinPoint and with TUNZE pressure reducer 7077/3 as well as the TUNZE calcium reactors 3171 and 3172.
via Tunze

The new CarbonDoser 7077.200 from TUNZE is ideal for a targeted and very precise CO2 supply in freshwater aquariums, or into calcium reactors. It features an electronically controlled valve that produces one CO2 portion / CO2 bubble every 0.1 to 10 seconds. The number of bubbles/portions is adjustable from 10 per second to 1 every 10 seconds and the rate of delivery is constant to +/- 1/1,000th of a second.

At A Glance Features

• In seawater — especially reef systems – it allows the convenient and risk-free use of a calcium reactor to maintain the biotope balance.
  • In freshwater — especially aquascaping — the CarbonDoser® is an indispensable tool for providing the perfect CO2 dosage regulation to optimize plant growth without laborious CO2 adjustment.
  • Most precise dosing due to the high reactivity of the valve.
  • Bubble rate constant to +/- 1/1,000th of a second.
  • Generates one CO2 portion / CO2 bubble every 0.1 to 10 seconds.
  • The number of bubbles is adjustable from approx. 10 portions/bubbles per second to 1 portion/bubble per 10 seconds.
  • No “dumping” like with needle valves.
  • Consistent, precise CO2 regulation even with pressure fluctuations.
  • Intuitive, user-friendly, compact and easy to operate.
  • Including check valve, hose adapter, hoses, power supply unit.
  • Compatible with Neptune, Hydros, GHL, PinPoint and of course with TUNZE® pressure reducer 7077/3 as well as the TUNZE® calcium reactors 3171 and 3172.
Learn more at https://www.tunze.com/US/en/details/7077.200-carbondoserR.html

###
Is this a new upgraded version? I’ve been using the remote version since the beginning of the year and it’s been amazing. Being blind as a bat, the blinking red led and audible clicking of the valve make adjustments super easy. I love having it at my cabinet where it’s easy to get to as my cylinder is in a closet in another room.

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Is this a new upgraded version? I’ve been using the remote version since the beginning of the year and it’s been amazing. Being blind as a bat, the blinking red led and audible clicking of the valve make adjustments super easy. I love having it at my cabinet where it’s easy to get to as my cylinder is in a closet in another room.
Same with mine and yes- upgrade- I hate to see the price

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
To bad these are so expensive (original anyway) . I won a tunze calcium reactor but had no idea it was going cost me another $500-$600 to get everything need run it so it sits on the shelf still boxed
Yeah, the main issue- Setup costs for regulator, CO2, media, water supply pump, etc

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same with mine and yes- upgrade- I hate to see the price
I already had the tunze regulator when I got the version two remote carbon doser. It’s almost the same price with or without the regulator. So it’s a better deal with the regulator and have a spare or sell it. I think I have the new version. Carbon doser aquarium plants has awesome customer service by the way. They went over and above for me

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To bad these are so expensive (original anyway) . I won a tunze calcium reactor but had no idea it was going cost me another $500-$600 to get everything need run it so it sits on the shelf still boxed
The upfront cost is pretty steep no way around that. I penciled out how much I was spending on two part, which has gone up in price like everything else, the break even point was fourteen months. That was not including what I already spent on dosers. I tried it without a carbon doser or kamoer for awhile as they aren’t a necessity but with my vision I just couldn’t keep it dialed in and was constantly fiddling with it. The carbon doser with a kamoer makes it super simple. So far all I’ve had to do is top off the aragonite every couple months and swap co2 every three months.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The upfront cost is pretty steep no way around that. I penciled out how much I was spending on two part, which has gone up in price like everything else, the break even point was fourteen months. That was not including what I already spent on dosers. I tried it without a carbon doser or kamoer for awhile as they aren’t a necessity but with mye vision I just couldn’t keep it dialed in and was constantly fiddling with it. The carbon doser with a kamoer makes it super simple. So far all I’ve had to do is top off the aragonite every couple months and swap co2 every three months.
Ya that's my problem. I'm not using enough 2 part to even come close to being able to justify it. Well that and reading up on them makes me think its probably over my head technically.

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya that's my problem. I'm not using enough 2 part to even come close to being able to justify it. Well that and reading up on them makes me think its probably over my head technically.
Hey, if I can do it.....anyone can. It's actually very simple especially if you go with the carbon doser and kamoer

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 25 38.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 6.2%
Back