New Carpet Anemone

videosilva

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, many people and so many comments NOT KNOWING anything but STILL commenting. Carpet Anemones are a VERY resilient and a STRONG coral. It is not easy to kill a carpet coral and they do well under almost any conditions. They do not require strong ( expensive ) lighting or any fancy conditions. The salt that you add has everything that is needed. The salt is scientifically produce ( don't' think there are many scientists in forums ).

If you bought that Anemone and the mouth looked like that when they sold it to you, or even close to that. TAKE IT BACK ! GIVE THEM **** ! I have NEVER seen a carpet anemone with the mouth so exposed it is probably already dead by the time I finish writing this post.

The carpet should have attached itself to something in your tank in a matter of a few minutes to half an hour. When touching the carpet it will stick like Velcro and be very hard to let go of.

If none of those condition were present when you got the carpet then .......... Houston we have a problem

OP
OP
abecker

abecker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, many people and so many comments NOT KNOWING anything but STILL commenting. Carpet Anemones are a VERY resilient and a STRONG coral. It is not easy to kill a carpet coral and they do well under almost any conditions. They do not require strong ( expensive ) lighting or any fancy conditions. The salt that you add has everything that is needed. The salt is scientifically produce ( don't' think there are many scientists in forums ).

If you bought that Anemone and the mouth looked like that when they sold it to you, or even close to that. TAKE IT BACK ! GIVE THEM **** ! I have NEVER seen a carpet anemone with the mouth so exposed it is probably already dead by the time I finish writing this post.

The carpet should have attached itself to something in your tank in a matter of a few minutes to half an hour. When touching the carpet it will stick like Velcro and be very hard to let go of.

If none of those condition were present when you got the carpet then .......... Houston we have a problem

It did attach itself in the display tank but then kept deflating so I moved it to treat it.

videosilva

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IF. The carpet had attached it self to anything you would have a very hard time trying to remove it.

OP
OP
abecker

abecker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s still hanging in there. Hasn’t improved or gotten worse so we shall see how things go.

OP
OP
abecker

abecker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update, the original anemone did not make it. I now have a new carpet anemone and it is looking much better. It is a neon green Haddoni. At night it will tighten up but it looks good during the day and the mouth is always tight.

Lance M.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update, the original anemone did not make it. I now have a new carpet anemone and it is looking much better. It is a neon green Haddoni. At night it will tighten up but it looks good during the day and the mouth is always tight.

:(

Picture of the new one?

OP
OP
abecker

abecker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C0823B1B-71D0-449B-9100-527948AD97D8.jpeg
:(

Picture of the new one?

Lance M.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not too bad looking. Really bleached. Should recover if everything is stable.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.8%
Back