New chick to the group. HELLO!

jrmrleb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, my name is Michelle and I would like to introduce myself.
I’m new to the hobby and to the forum. I’ve been in the saltwater hobby for about 6 months. Started out with a 3rd hand Red Sea 130D max. Was having issues with it , so my beautiful daughter decided to get me a Biocube 32 LED for Mother’s Day. Transfer everything except for a couple rocks and all of the sandbed.
now I have a nice clean tank that I’m trying to establish with some nice corals.
I have my clowns, Yellow watchman, pistol shrimp,snails, crabs, and my lil file fish.
I know this hobby can be expensive (any donations appreciated lol) but it can also be very rewarding. I think I’m going to keep it with all soft corals, LPS.
I have PTSD, severe anxiety, major depression, my tank seems to bring a lil joy and peace to my life.
I can’t wait to learn from you all.

Anemone_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

Looking Coral Reef GIF by Monterey Bay Aquarium

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

ilikefish69

Kind of a Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, my name is Michelle and I would like to introduce myself.
I’m new to the hobby and to the forum. I’ve been in the saltwater hobby for about 6 months. Started out with a 3rd hand Red Sea 130D max. Was having issues with it , so my beautiful daughter decided to get me a Biocube 32 LED for Mother’s Day. Transfer everything except for a couple rocks and all of the sandbed.
now I have a nice clean tank that I’m trying to establish with some nice corals.
I have my clowns, Yellow watchman, pistol shrimp,snails, crabs, and my lil file fish.
I know this hobby can be expensive (any donations appreciated lol) but it can also be very rewarding. I think I’m going to keep it with all soft corals, LPS.
I have PTSD, severe anxiety, major depression, my tank seems to bring a lil joy and peace to my life.
I can’t wait to learn from you all.
In terms of mental health, an aquarium can give you something to be excited about and look forward to. My mental health has been much better overall with a new hobby. It is also nice to know that I have little fishes in my family that are dependent on me, and I am keeping them happy and healthy. If the world ends, and the coral reefs dry up, all our of fellow hobbyists will have the means to refill the ocean from our mini-oceans in our living rooms!

Welcome to the forum. You will be greeted so wonderfully and make acquaintances, and learn more than you would ever want to know. Avoid the people who try to bring you down - they don't have any power in their real life so they try to act like they know more than you and belittle you. It is very few and far between, and don't let it off put you.

Mini-oceans in our living rooms are great for the brain's health!!

Back