new clam names

  • Thread starter Thread starter stylaster
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

stylaster

Reefer since '90
View Badges
Joined
Jun 3, 2008
Messages
1,951
Reaction score
669
Location
Kelso, WA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok i just about fell outta my chair laughing about stupid market names. I have now seen japanese and hawaiian maxima clams for sale... come on! what a bunch of bs! as bad as japanese deep water zoas geez anything to squeeze a few more dollars to the price
 
Most of the nicer clams do come from Asia and those include Squamosa, Crocea and Maximas. That goes for Hawaii as well. Therefore, I would say the statement is accurate.
 
I just got a new Kentucky mountain maxima clam. Those are far rarer than Japanese or Hawaii clams.
 
LOL, I think what we are seeing is more and more of the vendors supplying the origin of the clam or the area of where it was farmed. I really don't think anything has changed other than that, they are more than likely still coming from the places that they have in the past.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new