New Class Clown Chalice piece

linarenee1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been wanting a show piece chalice for a minute. Had originally purchased a 4” rainbow goku chalice colony. The day it was supposed to ship, the seller contacts me and says his tank had crashed. Totally heartbroken. It was beautiful. A few days ago I find Pacific East Aquaculture and they had a WYSIWYG ~3” Class Clown Chalice. Well it’s here and I could not be more obsessed! Easily my new favorite and larger by about an inch. Just need to figure out a strategic place to put it. Anyone with any advice as to optimal placement and what coral to keep this guy away from?

D395594C-BD12-45F0-8801-54DAC84D0085.jpeg

zuri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is this new in the tank? if so it may be adjusting but I would keep an eye on it atm its showing skeleton all along its body the most visible on the right side you can see it. if it doesn't get better or gets worse move it to the sand bed tilted at a 90degree angle propped against the rock if you can to let it adjust.

love the class clown chalice do a royal blue only ramp down at the end of the night to get a full viewing pleasure of all its colors!

OP
OP
linarenee1

linarenee1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is this new in the tank? if so it may be adjusting but I would keep an eye on it atm its showing skeleton all along its body the most visible on the right side you can see it. if it doesn't get better or gets worse move it to the sand bed tilted at a 90degree angle propped against the rock if you can to let it adjust.

love the class clown chalice do a royal blue only ramp down at the end of the night to get a full viewing pleasure of all its colors!
Yes I just placed it in the tank today! Do you mean the pink ridge all along the right side?? Thank you for the advice! Gonna prop it lower on the bed

M Fairbank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this coral before from Dr Mac. I loved it. Fast grower. Was at least 5 inches across. I had something go thru my tank and took my acans and 2 grown out chalices, this being one. I have a RSM S500 and place mine midway up the tank and find a nice ledge to attach them to. They have room to grow out into space without being irritated. Check your tank after lights out when corals have their feeding tentacles out. You may be surprised how long some have, even small corals. Enjoy, its a beautiful specimen!

OP
OP
linarenee1

linarenee1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this coral before from Dr Mac. I loved it. Fast grower. Was at least 5 inches across. I had something go thru my tank and took my acans and 2 grown out chalices, this being one. I have a RSM S500 and place mine midway up the tank and find a nice ledge to attach them to. They have room to grow out into space without being irritated. Check your tank after lights out when corals have their feeding tentacles out. You may be surprised how long some have, even small corals. Enjoy, its a beautiful specimen!
Yes! Right now I have it on the sand and I’m definitely keeping it away from other corals lol thank you for your advice and I’m sorry that happened to your tank:/

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back