ClearView Aquarium Lids Master Thread - It all started RIGHT HERE!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple issues.
I sent some pictures to them on Saturday, waiting for a response.

Hi Martin, your email was forwarded to one of the owner's and they have sent you an email so be on the lookout. If you don't see it please check your junk/spam. Thanks for choosing ClearView and ArtFully Acrylic!

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 525XL has 1/16" bowing out in the center. The lid I just received, however, does not fit - it has ~1/3" of a bow in - enough that the tabs don't sit on the back glass at all. I've emailed orders@ a few days ago, but have not yet heard a reply (should I send a PM instead?). My guess (hope) is that the netting pulled the lid inward too much and that simply replacing the netting (slightly less tight) fixes the issue... Still TBD.

Exactly. I just wasn't paying attention before my post. I can see how machining on two sides would be far more problematic than it might seem based on the end result - it takes me longer than one might normally expect to ensure the dove-tails in my woodworking align as well.

Polycarbonate is an amazing material!! Same as used in ballistic glass, so over 100x's more impact resistant than glass!

Polycarbonate however gets its strength from it's flexibility in part so there is a fine line in screen too tight, too loose, or just right. Our in house tolerance is 1/8" per side which your lid does exceed and would indeed be why you are having the mentioned issue. We have sent you an email with instructions on how to get this fixed.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hi Martin, your email was forwarded to one of the owner's and they have sent you an email so be on the lookout. If you don't see it please check your junk/spam. Thanks for choosing ClearView and ArtFully Acrylic!
Thank-you for getting back to me, this soon. I know you guys are swamped with orders.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I looked everywhere and could not find the size of the standard feed door. Here and on Artfully Acrylic's website.

Anyone have that?

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
How are people's lids holding up? Any bowing? Any condensation issues? I have one made by another person and it looks like a potato chip. Very similar design. He actually started making these before Artfully Acrylic did. He used acrylic though and I think that was the issue.

ITreeferVA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know how long it was after programming that it took to receive? I received email a few weeks back on it being programmed and silent since.

Thanks

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Crazy I wonder how they determine who gets there lid first? I ordered mine Jan 19th

Probably based off material needs. They are going to try and cut lids as they use full sheets of material before just chewing through sheet after sheet and having to store the scraps to try and use later. Want to maximize that material as best they can. I imagine a 165g like his too up nearly an entire sheet.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 34 30.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 40 35.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back