OP
Thomas Reeferson

Thomas Reeferson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is more than just the orange face on this pair. The pattern on the side is not a traditional barring - it is more like a davinci. I have seen black davinci clowns with orange faces so that may be another option to consider.

As a side note, the gladiators typically have more of a "helmet".
I’m learning still for sure so what would you say is the difference between my guess and your opinion specifically? Just trying to get a better eye for specifics

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m learning still for sure so what would you say is the difference between my guess and your opinion specifically? Just trying to get a better eye for specifics

There are the pictures from ORA, Sea&Reef, Sustainable Aquatics, and others (along with the related descriptions) that you can start with. There are at least 25 species of clownfish so it can also be helpful to understand what species or species hybrids are being considered and then what the potential variations within that species are likely. And then even after you get to be familiar with the various species and standard array of designer clownfish then you will come across a Nebula grade A clown, a Peacekeeper clown, or an Electric Tail clown and you will likely second guess everything you think you know about IDing clownfish.

OP
OP
Thomas Reeferson

Thomas Reeferson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are the pictures from ORA, Sea&Reef, Sustainable Aquatics, and others (along with the related descriptions) that you can start with. There are at least 25 species of clownfish so it can also be helpful to understand what species or species hybrids are being considered and then what the potential variations within that species are likely. And then even after you get to be familiar with the various species and standard array of designer clownfish then you will come across a Nebula grade A clown, a Peacekeeper clown, or an Electric Tail clown and you will likely second guess everything you think you know about IDing clownfish.
So basically it doesn’t matter what kind of clown it is? As long as they’re healthy and happy I guess it doesn’t matter

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So basically it doesn’t matter what kind of clown it is? As long as they’re healthy and happy I guess it doesn’t matter

That is definitely the most important aspect. You can also be please that you have a gorgeous pair of fish. That said, I believe that they are black davinci clowns.

Zachary S.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up these beautiful clownfish. I believe they’re juveniles. I think they’re awesome looking and the LFS said their noses will turn black when they’re older. I don’t care if they’re rare or not. I just think they’re really good looking fish and would like to know if anyone knows what their specific name is?
9B633BA4-CCD0-465E-A4BB-948B1500EA1A.jpeg
that’s a beautiful pair of clownfish, looking into getting a clownfish similar to these, how much did you pay for them if you don’t mind me asking?

OP
OP
Thomas Reeferson

Thomas Reeferson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is definitely the most important aspect. You can also be please that you have a gorgeous pair of fish. That said, I believe that they are black davinci clowns.
They’re awesome and that’s all that I care about. I was thinking pinpointing a specific type would help with caring for them but you’re right. I feed phyto and meatier foods to my fish and they eat both so as long as they eat and are active and loo healthy I guess it doesn’t matter! What i like a lot of their patterns vary from their left and right sides

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 113 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back