OP
Kapachuka3

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never had an issue with mixing clowns as long as the larger (female) accepts the smaller (male). One pair did require a custom acclimation box setup where they could be next to each other but not touch for a few weeks. After that they were inseparable.

Only reason I have removed pairs of clowns was when they decided to host in my euphylia garden instead of the BTA and start loving the corals to death...
So they started fighting like people said. Im keeping the tiny one once again in the acclimation box. You said you did this for weeks? How many and you said they got along after those weeks?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Clarki and related to sebae. With space , clowns can mix. I have 5 different kinds in tank. Do they bicker- occasionally. Do they fight hard- no

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Is there any possibility that it will accept it.
Time will determine this. Introduce at lights out and feed in the morning and observe the behavior.

OP
OP
Kapachuka3

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time will determine this. Introduce at lights out and feed in the morning and observe the behavior.
I already introduced it and then i put him back in the acclimation box, i think if i keep him in the box for a little while longer maybe a few days. The big guy will accept him.

Porpoise Hork

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So they started fighting like people said. Im keeping the tiny one once again in the acclimation box. You said you did this for weeks? How many and you said they got along after those weeks?
I had them in the acclimation box for about two weeks. The box I have is fairly large and can be disassembled so I fabricated a divider with multiple small holes in it and split it into two smaller cubes and put one clown in each side. This way they could see each other and be separated from the hosting site to reduce territorial aggression. The larger female wasn't happy about it but she got over it. After a couple of weeks I removed the divider and left them in the box for a few more days for observation to see if she would keep attacking the male. She nipped a couple of times but after that he returned the favor and they got along just fine after that.

If you don't have an acclimation box that will support a divider, get a smallish plastic basket and ziptie closed cell foam like a pool noodle tp the top edges so it will float and clamp the basket to the edge of the tank. From there you can get a small piece of acrylic and put a divider in it and place both clowns in there.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 95 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back