New Continuous duty doser option from bubble Magus.

cilyjr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm looking at using the reef factory kh pro coupled with the hydros 10 for my security. The hydros ph meter will be controlling power to the dose pump just incase the dose pump until the ph rises again. Otherwise I'll do the same but with the kalkwasser and let the kh pro monitor the calcium reactor dosing.
I don't know how their system works.

What I like about the apex is that when it takes a reading it will dose either a percentage less or more which is user defined depending on the reading.
Example, if you have it set to 9.5 and it gets a reading of 9.6 you can have it set to dose 35% less until the next reading.

Here's a picture of the dosing schedule. The hour breaks are aware. The apex takes a reading and my kalkwasser stirrer stirs.
Screenshot_20240214-215001.png

OP
OP
S

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know how their system works.

What I like about the apex is that when it takes a reading it will dose either a percentage less or more which is user defined depending on the reading.
Example, if you have it set to 9.5 and it gets a reading of 9.6 you can have it set to dose 35% less until the next reading.

Here's a picture of the dosing schedule. The hour breaks are aware. The apex takes a reading and my kalkwasser stirrer stirs.
Screenshot_20240214-215001.png
Their system does the same as far as dosages. It makes minor corrections as needed over the day, instead of a single large dose at the first measurement that is out of range.

Personally I'm not a fan of a single point controller, aka linchpin. The reef factory gear is all independent. They communicate with each other but there is no central brain. This like the hydros makes much more sense to me personally. I understand if you are a fan of Neptune's line and am not trying to persuade you from it, just giving my point.

cilyjr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Their system does the same as far as dosages. It makes minor corrections as needed over the day, instead of a single large dose at the first measurement that is out of range.

Personally I'm not a fan of a single point controller, aka linchpin. The reef factory gear is all independent. They communicate with each other but there is no central brain. This like the hydros makes much more sense to me personally. I understand if you are a fan of Neptune's line and am not trying to persuade you from it, just giving my point.
It's not that I'm a huge fan of Neptune systems. In fact, I had real problems with the way they treated anyone who wasn't a computer science wizard like an idiot when you called their tech support before they got bought by Bertram.
I have had a Neptune controller since the aqua controller 3. Before they even released the first Apex. So now I'm so deep into their gear, It would cost me a lot of money to change.

I would consider another system if I were to be starting outright from scratch.

OP
OP
S

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never heard such honesty from a Neptune user, it's unbelievably refreshing!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back