New coral QT and light acclimation

  • Thread starter Thread starter helwrj28
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

helwrj28

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 6, 2020
Messages
386
Reaction score
97
Location
Lancaster
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First time with coral! I just purchased a Zoa, GSP, and Rhodactis mushroom, completed the initial acclimation and dip and have lights out since yesterday afternoon. Now I have a few questions how to proceed, FYI for light I have a ReefBreeders nano and a 20g long tank:

When should I turn the lights on?
What light intensity should I start at?
Where to initially place coral on rack?
How often should I move the rack?
 
I wouldn't bother acclimating them, especially corals as hardy as those. You only need to worry about that if you are drastically increasing the intensity of the light. Just place them in the kind of light that they would normally receive.
 
I wouldn't bother acclimating them, especially corals as hardy as those. You only need to worry about that if you are drastically increasing the intensity of the light. Just place them in the kind of light that they would normally receive.
Thanks for the input! It looks like they had a pretty good light source at the LFS.. so I'll keep that in mind with the intensity!

What do you recommend for mounting height?
 
Thanks for the input! It looks like they had a pretty good light source at the LFS.. so I'll keep that in mind with the intensity!

What do you recommend for mounting height?

The LFS should know the relative par numbers the corals were getting, so that might help. As for mounting height, I am not familiar with the light but I would guess between 8-12 inches.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new