New cube aquarium decision

JP90210

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 3, 2015
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I'm just getting back into the reef hobby after keeping freshwater planted tanks for many years. I've decided to go with a cube setup for something different. Problem is I'm having a tough time deciding between two tanks. I'm currently looking at the SC aquariums 66 gallon cube or the 80 gallon cube. Both measurements are the same basically except that the 80 gallon is a couple inches taller. Any thoughts or recommendations?
 
Sounds good, 80 it is then :). Plus it will give more swimming room for the fish. Just got to figure out lighting and the other main equipment I'll need. I recently picked up a used ecotech radion G1 for cheap. Now I just got to sell my 34g Current Aio setup.
 
80 is the way to go. Gives you more total water water volume to keep those parameters stable and the extra room for the fishies aint so bad either :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new