New Damsel Trap... Fingers crossed it works

WAfrican

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today was the last straw for my damsel after kicking up sand right below my powerhead for the 1000th time and ticking of all of my corals. After trying every single trap and trick out there i think i may have come up with one that relatively easy and effective. I took my old siphon tube and ran it partially through a small tubberware (approx 4" diameter) and drilled holes in the top of the tubberware to allow for water to travel through easily. I then glued the two together to prevent any slipping. Once everything drys and sets I will run a small hook attached to string through the tube with some food. Once the damsel shows interest i will slowly bring the hook underneath the siphon tube and wait for the damsel to swim underneath and BAM! Removal will be as easy as just running the lid of the tubberware underneath the sand and locking it in place to prevent escape and off to the sump he goes. Wish me luck because if this doesn't work then ill have to resort to pulling everything out.

BR549

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that doesn't work just get a fishin pole and file the barb off the hook. So much fun then relocate him to your mantis tank.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 71 30.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 67 28.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 50 21.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 47 19.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.8%
Back